Condinsation inside headlight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

Does anyone know how to get condensation out of a headlight? I noticed that since I got my car outta the shop its been in there and its making my left headlight a lil dimmer. Thanks

Possibly the glue that holds it together isnt sealed properly and air is getting in there. Take out the headlight and look for any places air can get in there.

Originally posted by ekPhred@Nov 5 2003, 04:30 PM
Possibly the glue that holds it together isnt sealed properly and air is getting in there. Take out the headlight and look for any places air can get in there.

Take the headlights out. Put them in a warm place to let them dry. as soon as all the condensation clears up, use silicon to seal the outer edge of your headlights.

There may be a crack causeing air to get in. When you turn your lights on, the heat from the light and the cold air causes condensation to form. By sealing the lights, no air is allowed inside the lamp. therfore, no more condensation.

Hope this helps.

I used a hairdryer and when they dried, I put a bead of clear caulking around them. Haven't condensed yet.

Back