Condo shopping :D

what do you think is better?

• 1 bay garage, smaller sq ft, better neighborh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
welp, 2 condo's i'm looking at... i gave up on houses. can't afford anything decent... i'll settel for a condo for a while i guess.

both are the same price more or less.... $150k

one offers more space and is on a cul-de-sac, one has a garage and is on a med-high traffic side road.

neither are in the ghetto, but the one w./ the garage is in the nicer section of town on the top of the hill.

just curious what you guys would do-- take the bigger place ona dead end road, or the smaller one with the garage on a busyier road?

smaller w/ garage main road:

L115167_101_12.jpg

L115167_401_19.jpg

L115167_301_20.jpg

L115167_501_22.jpg

larger w/o garage, at the end of the dead end rd:

g398144_101.jpg

g398144_301.jpg

g398144_501.jpg

g398144_601.jpg

what kind of Sq ft are you talking about here???

i would go after the one with a garage... but thats because i REALLY want a garage

Quoted post[/post]]
i would go after the one with a garage... but thats because i REALLY want a garage

+1

In other news: You will never ever buy a house / condo.

How many "which one" and "I think I'm gonna buy this one" posts have you done???

P.S. Welp is not a word. It never has been a word, and will never be a word.

a lot :p and yes dale, thats right next to you...

sq footage is 1400 vs 900. its a big difference.
the larger one has a full finished basement too, kinda like how sarahs house is E... 2 rooms kinda split up like that.

the one with the garage is kinda lame. i mean, theres like NO windows...

not sure if theres any for sale in my complex but you could come check mine out to get an idea of what these are like.

I want to say the smaller one with the garage for the STI but that's a good amount smaller. I will think about it and vote later.

the sti hasn't been in a garage yet anyway... so its not a big deal to me. i don't have any prokects going on anyway... and if i dont have a garage, that will probably keep my project wanting self at bay... lol

plus, all my compressor and tools and shit i can just keep at my folk's house. both of these are withing 5 miles of my current place.

wow that is a huge size difference :cry:
this is a tough call
the finished basement is good shit
and yeah there is definatly a lack of windows
gunna have to check em both out in person

900 Sq ft is PLENTY for a single guy. Or a couple. Unless that is TOTAL sq ft.. Including the garage. If its 900 sq ft living space, it'll be just fine. A garage is a MUST for a gearhead, And do you really want to be 5 miles from your tools?? That would just suck.

150k for a condo??? thats way too much...you should relocate to somewhere else. Im not saying where I live is cheap but for 150k you can get a decent 2 bedroom house

Quoted post[/post]]
900 Sq ft is PLENTY for a single guy. Or a couple. Unless that is TOTAL sq ft.. Including the garage. If its 900 sq ft living space, it'll be just fine. A garage is a MUST for a gearhead, And do you really want to be 5 miles from your tools?? That would just suck.

by law, un-livable space (such as a garage) cannot be listed in square footage.
unfinished basements/basements with no heat/garages/enclosed porches etc don't count.

Quoted post[/post]]
150k for a condo??? thats way too much...you should relocate to somewhere else. Im not saying where I live is cheap but for 150k you can get a decent 2 bedroom house

its all proportional dude.

jeffie manages a pizza joint, makes more money that i do, and this condo would be 300k in his area.

it peopel make like 25k in east butt fuck alambama, and these condos would pobably be 75k there.

i'm not moving. its the way it is.

and honestly, i'd rather live in a high income, high expense state/area anyway.

that way, when i buy stuff online, its pocket change. while you guys in nebraska and shit have to save for a year to buy a 3k tv or something...

can i buy a house for 150k ? sure.

but it was built in 1890, is half falling down, and is fll of lead and abestos.

can i buy a house for 250k, sure. but its your average 1200 sq ft ranch.

Quoted post[/post]]

lol here in southern cali there selling some condos down the street from my house for $250+
seriously it all depends on where you live. i could move somewhere cheaper but i wont make as much, in the end its all the same anyways.

What are the fees for each condo B? The one w/o garage looks like a shithole.

hrm, looks like everyone but me voted for the one with the garage. lol

i dunno. it looks kinda lame.

i'm gonna do a drive-by after work to both of them...
but only if i get out on time. got a guy coming at 7 to pick up my POS itr tranny..

what did you get for the tranny?

and i think most people are 1. biased by their love of projects/gear heads etc
and 2. most voted before you threw up the 900 vs 1500

better neighborhood = less problems

garage = safer for car and more accessibility for your tools

900 sq feet = perfect for a bachelor or couple

personally, i'd rather have a house, but that's just me. i have big plans for my future. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
what did you get for the tranny?

fuck it. cutting my loses and moving on.

and i think most people are 1. biased by their love of projects/gear heads etc
and 2. most voted before you threw up the 900 vs 1500

maybe...

Quoted post[/post]]
better neighborhood = less problems

neither is a better neighboorhood than the other really... one just happens to be on top of the hill. one is on the other side of town

garage = safer for car and more accessibility for your tools

but with no project, i don't really need more than a small tool box i can keep under the kitchen sink. if i need something bigger, shoot home to mom's house real quick and pick it up. we're talking 5 min drive here folks...

900 sq feet = perfect for a bachelor or couple

yeah, but its 2 bedrooms.

if it was 1 bedroom, that would be mint. but its 2... so that means i got dinky rooms probably...

personally, i'd rather have a house, but that's just me. i have big plans for my future. :ph34r:
as would I.

but i don't have 300k to spend... and frankly, buying a house for less than that is just not worth it. i'll dump thousands into it.

look at clayton. he paid like 165 for his house.
he has to mow his lawn, plow the driveway, rake, and not to mention the 1000's of dollars hes already put into the garage roof, the floor, the kitchen remodeling, the furnace, the roof will be soon im sure....

hes probably alraedy in for close to 200k... and sure, ist coming out great, but its like, why not just pay the money up front, and get something that works and not have to break your back?

Back