Confessions of a used car salesman

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ENJOY

<<EDIT>> this is a LONG read, but from the way the author writes it, it is well worth the time invested...

im half way thru it i saved the link to finish it later GREAT WRITER by the way

GOOD FIND TONY

thanks, i like his writing style due to the fact that it mirrors my own writing style when i write papers for school. (when i was in college that is)

its long, but its the type of writing style and story that compels you to read through all 9 pages...

its like you cant put it down :D

i got to page 3 and had to go to work... deffinantly a good find tho. ill finish it after i get back from the autox 2morrow :)

wow, that took forever but it's a good read. he has such a unique writing style.

question so far- are they mocking edmunds.coom, or are they really overpricing their cars on the site? lol

i had to stop at part 7. ill read the rest later.

1.3 hours of reading, in between some other work stuff.

i learned pretty much nothing... but it is a good article for n00bs

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 28 2003, 01:13 AM
1.3 hours of reading, in between some other work stuff.

i learned pretty much nothing... but it is a good article for n00bs

how did you get the .3 part in 1.3 hours? :lol:

nope- i actually have a chart sitting by my desk.
when documenting time for open tickets, we need to convert to "point hours" instead of like 15 min.

:cliffs:

yes car dealerships "rip you off".... but not all sales people are assholes... some are, but some are actually nice and not out to fuck you in the ass

however the sales managers and other higher ups at the dealerships are pretty much all assholes looking to fuck you as hard as possible in the ass

also many sales people work strictly on commision... meaning if the dealership doesnt make any money on the car, they dont make any money at all (no hourly pay only a percentage of te profit on the car)

dealerships have methods to keep you off your game when you are in looking to buy a car and use them to get you not thinking quite right so you will be more likely to spend more money than you have to or should to buy the car

your best defence to all of this is research... the more you know ahead of time the less likely you are to fall for any of the "tricks"

you want to know more go read the article

Back