1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused About Axles(b16-->crx)

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by DA-MAX, Jan 22, 2003.

1. DA-MAX

DA-MAX Junior Member

hi people....I'm in the process of gathering parts for my B16a1 swap into a 1991 CRX HF, I've been looking all over the web and have found a few great sites detailing the swap, but there is one thing that is confusing me.

while most people are saying the 90-93 axles will fit right into the YS1 tranny, I read on HAsports page that they have to be modified!?!? did I misread something(I tend to do that). And I also did a search of the archives here and read that one guy was using Del Sol(Vtec) axles?? this is all I need to be straightened out on, cause its got my brain in a rut!! Thanks for any help. can't wait to start all this madness come spring!

2. TroyA

TroyA Junior Member

As far as I've read 90-93 axles will work fine assuming that your transmision came with an intermediate shaft...

you do however have to remove a little dust cap from where the axle plugs into your wheel hubs..(the easiest way to think of this is removing an extra washer from a bolt so it'll fit properly...it's really that simple)

Troy A

3. DA-MAX

DA-MAX Junior Member

cool..I just wanted to make sure! and yeah I saw the dust cap removal thing over on HASport, but cool thanks for clearing that up! :D

4. prawjEKt Cx

prawjEKt Cx Senior Member

it's all a huge pain in the ass buying axles for b series in a 4th gen.. it all depends on your intermediate shaft, somehow mine came with a 94+ GSR intermediate which had a male end on it... heres the pic off hasport.com

[​IMG]

see the one on the top.... sometimes your swap will come with one of those thrown on it and i dont' care what they say 94 gsr axles don't work for shit, no OE axles work (well they work but the lengths are far from ideal), then exp after a drop.. even though people bitch about raxles quality they have b series in 4th gen swaps to a fuckin science...

raxles.com

just let them know the trans (stamped right on the front) and they normally figure it out from there, the guy is real cool

5. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

here's the deal, if you get a 90-93 teg intermediate shaft, use 90-93 teg axles

if you get the 89-91 SiR intermediate shaft, you'll have to construct your own SiR axles which is a pain in the ass.

so to make the swap as easy as possible, get a 90-93 teg intermediate shaft.

6. DA-MAX

DA-MAX Junior Member

thanks for the added advice guys! I hope I get the Integra inter shaft when I order the motor next month...if not a trip to the bone yard to pull some won't hurt!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted