Confused and PUzzled!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic92jak

Ok guys, this is my ordeal and will try to explain the best i can.

JDM OBD1 DOHC ZC Motor
Stock P06 ecu

My motor is running fine but suddenly throws codes 8 and 9, these which are bad TDC and CYP Sensors. So i dismantle the Distributor and replace all parts from another Distributor that i have. Everything went in smoothly and buttoned it all back up. No more codes, but not running. I have plenty of spark. Not exactly sure on the timing, but nothing was messed with other than removing the distributor. I turn it over, nothing but a "capoot" like the timing is off. So i came up with maybe i had gotten the gear on the engine side of the distributor on wrong and it was 180 off. So i pull the dizzy and turn the gear 180. Bolt it all back up, nothing. Not even a "capoot". Change everything back and still getting the "capoot", but won't actually start. So i take and adjust the distributor little by little. Still nothing. I've since called it a night at 4:15am this saturday morning. If anyone has any insight on this would be helpfull.

Strange, so u managed to replace the internal dizzy sensors ? .. hm .. and didnt start.

Might be coil / ignitor that went bad from one day to another ?Or those usually give gradual signs of deterior ? :blink:

Well, got it started, but idle is a little rough and upon reving it up slowly, the whole car shakes, so i believe there is still alittle bit of timing adjustment needing done. I just can't decide whether to adjust the intake cam more or the exhaust cam. I came to this point adjusting the intake cam shaft. Any ideas?? I lined up all timing marks for my starting point.

Back