confused and real new to this all

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confused148

Hello everyone, firstly im sorry if this has already been asked but im just after some information, i have a 2002 1.4 non vtec civic and want to change the engine on it, i was wondering what engine would be a swap worth doing?

im slightly confused as to what will fit and what wont, so could someone give me a general idea at what i would be looking at to fit ?

many thanks!

K-series stuff is really your only option (K20, K24, etc.). The more commonly swapped Honda engines that you've probably heard mentioned before (B16, B18, H22, etc.) really won't work in your chassis. Custom mounts would be needed, and the wiring would be a nightmare.

K-series engines are somewhat expensive, but also have high tuning potential...

If you have a 1.4L you're probably running a variant of a D series block- so you could probably drop in a 1.7L VTEC from the US or other areas that got the larger blocks. Depending on the transmission setup, it would probably bolt right up. This series of Civic wasn't too popular to mod though, so parts will be more difficult to find.

Back