confused

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

i just did a mini me with a 105300 comp cams cam and when im in really low rpms and give it half throttle to full throttle it misses or atleast seems like it anyways. once i get up in the rpms a little it goes away. any ideas?

Check your spark plug wires, they may be arching. Could be other issues causing this as well, but I would check the ignition system first. Plugs (check for burned or wet plugs), Wires (for arching -- read below for how to check wire arching), distributor cap and rotor.

Wire Arching Check:

Make sure all plugs and wires are intact and plugged in properly.
Start the engine and let it get up to normal operating temperature.
Once warmed up, remove one plug wire out of its cylinder and see if the engine rpm drops or fades when removed.
Do this for each cylinder, one at a time.
If you do not notice a difference in idle when you remove a particular wire from its cylinder, than that wire is most likely arching. Keep in mind, most ecu's/pcm's will not throw a code if wire arching occurs. BUT, if there is a random misfire in the cylinder (which is easily noticed), than you will get a CEL.

Back