confused

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

b16a2 in 91 integra
I was driving(not beating) and my car just seemed to die. I pulled over waited a couple minutes, and tried re starting it. The motor wont start unless you floor the gas and crank it over. it then will only rev up to 2500 and is real rough and black smoke comes out the exhaust. I had to move it to the side and it will only do like 20mph and run like complete crap. I really dont have any money to take to a mechanic,or have it towed, but I can pretty much fix anything not too major(like pistons and stuff like that) any ideas? what has me really confused is there is NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR CODES being thrown.

I have to have my car towed by tommorow morning if I dont get it running(8/21/03-10:00am), so i would appreciate any help asap. :worthy:

black smoke = running rich, so check injectors, fuel rail, and everything to do with that, and it would make sense b/c after 2500 RPM your engine runs richer, so u will have WAY to much fuel in cylinder making u lose power. also check pistions and pistion rings. If u can do a compression test, buy a guage for like 50 bucks and do it urself.

anybody know anything about this? I was thinking timing belt slipped, and now its off, so Im hoping that if it is, that the intake valves arnt bent, and now its just dumping fuel in. *fingers crossed*. I have to re do the timing before the compression check but I looked down the spark plug holes with a drop light and I dont see any holes(or carbon buildup) .

If the timing belt came off, I would say it is safe to say you are screwed. Pretty much what happens is you internals are free to slam into each other at breakneck speeds. Keep your fingers crossed.

The timing belt didn't fall off, I was saying the belt slipped, and the timing is wrong now. I saw the honda tuning mag of the broken timing belt on the ZC. I hope mine isn't like that from slipping. I have a feeling its about 2 notches on the cam gears off. I dont know what the timing on a b16 is, but i think one notch on a sohc is like 18 degrees or maybe thats a ls engine, i donno. I also discovered that the driver side mount, both of the bolts are snapped(arn't I just lucky?)and to top that they are flush with the block, so I have to try the easy outs, and the extractors I bought. I hope they can fit between the bolts and the frame. I just want to tear this motor out and put a teg type r engine, if I only had the money. :blink:

Back