Confused...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's up to you...

what do you want? do you want a legit motor guaranteed to run or do you want to save $1,000 and get something that you are unsure about?

How much money do you have?

Me personally, if i was building an eg hatch, i would buy an itr swap and supercharge it. but i think our income is far different.

if i was 20 or however old you are, i would find a b18 swap locally, install it and save for a turbo. you could do it all for about $3,000 if you are smart with money and buy stuff right the first time. if you are patient, you can get good deals on stuff.

not really. it's legit and guaranteed to start

best place to buy a motor. imho....you can try to buy one local from craigslist or another forum, but you aren't guaranteed anything.

I havent looked at motor prices in some time, no need to.:D But I always thought that LS' went for cheaper than that. :dunno:

buy a bmw....don't waste that much money on a civic.

or cap it at like $5k....find a hatch already swapped...get some really good brakes, suspension, and tires and go from there....you'll be pissed off when you spend $18,000 on a civic and it gets wrecked or stolen.

yeah for real i wouldnt put no more than 5000 in to a civic especialy a 5 gen civic. and i probably wouldnt even put 5g in to it.

yeah for real i wouldnt put no more than 5000 in to a civic especialy a 5 gen civic.

mostly because you get to the point of diminishing returns. you can put more money into the car, but it doesn't get much better for more money.

buy a bmw....don't waste that much money on a civic.

or cap it at like $5k....find a hatch already swapped...get some really good brakes, suspension, and tires and go from there....you'll be pissed off when you spend $18,000 on a civic and it gets wrecked or stolen.

Well if I get a BMW then I can't afford insurance, but if I could I'd buy one.

you can get a nice 2000-2002 330 for about $10,000. nice little cars....

but it's your money. do you work?

get your little hatch with a swap, get a great suspension and call it a day. you'll be happy with spending under $6k on a good little car.

yeah i under stand the insurance thing geting an older civic will be way cheaper on insurance than a bmw or something lol thats why i got my civic and for the price i got it at was great also.=)

you can get a nice 2000-2002 330 for about $10,000. nice little cars....

but it's your money. do you work?

get your little hatch with a swap, get a great suspension and call it a day. you'll be happy with spending under $6k on a good little car.

Yeah I'm a waiter. That is exactly what I was thinking.

cool, a kid that works. :thumbsup:

18 grand and you want a civic?

wtf.

:buyanm:
i suggested getting a bmw already. he said he wouldn't have money for insurance after that.

smart kid. he wants to keep some in the bank.

in all honesty, i bet it costs more to ensure a 92-95 hatchabck for a male under 21 than an e36.

in all honesty, i bet it costs more to ensure a 92-95 hatchabck for a male under 21 than an e36.

probably. also, you will want to ensure all the mods and such. plus 100% theft coverage.

be sure to invest in a quick release steering wheel man
also if u do a turbo set up id also recommend cutting out a piece of sheet metal to screw in behind the front bumper under the engine bay to keep thefts away from ur big shiny intercooler
after all, it will be in a high school parking lot 50+ hours a week

be sure to invest in a quick release steering wheel man
also if u do a turbo set up id also recommend cutting out a piece of sheet metal to screw in behind the front bumper under the engine bay to keep thefts away from ur big shiny intercooler
after all, it will be in a high school parking lot 50+ hours a week

+1

Back