1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SolidDreamz, Jun 25, 2005.

1. SolidDreamz

SolidDreamz Senior Member

I met this guy that said he had a gsr block and a b16 head with I/H/E.
    For the price to get a gsr block and do the swap to me doesnt seem like its worth the HP gains, I dont even know how much HP it would make. Any one know? For that price wouldnt it have been smarter to get other upgrades that would significantly increase a b16a2 hP? Just wondering he had a 00' si

2. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

he could have got a good deal on the block...id rather have the fsr block over the b16 personally.

3. skunk2ed

skunk2ed Junior Member

Could be that he plans too boost, or just wanted a better flowing head. The B16 head flows better than a b18 head. The B18 blk is stronger though, makes a really good combo for boosted applications.

4. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

it's because the gsr block is infinately better than the b16, even more so in that car because it's such a tank. the larger displacement of the gsr makes much more low end torque than the b16 which makes the driveablity a lot better as well as getting it off the line faster.

also, the b16 and the gsr head's flow practically the same. the gsr flows a bit better on the mid-range and the b16 flows better up top. but the differances are minimal, not even close to being noticable.

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

:withstupid:

Torque is your friend in these heavy-ass Si's. :)

I'm not sure why he ran the B16 head on the GSR block unless he plans to boost, the B16 head actually makes .2 less compression stock, and he probably lost hp. Most likely he fucked up the B16 that was in there, and it's pretty fucking expensive to buy a new 99-00 B16 so he figured to spend the extra $500 bux and go with the bigger, better, more powerfull motor. That's pretty much what happened to my SI, but a stock GSR motor wasn't good enough for me.... and I probably spent $750 more than I would have on a stock B16. :D

6. formby

formby learning in progress

b16 head+gsr block = poor mans type R

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted