Confusing Problem Need Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Problem: My crank pulley is dropping and grinding on the stabilizer bar that comes out of the crossmember and bolts to the lower control arm.

Story: I have an 89 CRX HF with a B18a1 swapped into it. This is the second LS that has been in the car. Here is my problem. Just today, I hit a HUGE bump in the road that I could not see. It was from the roads being repaved. It looked like this ""|__ . I went up it. My car slammed really hard into it, and nothing sounded like it broke. Well, shortly after hitting this, I started hearing a metal on metal grinding coming from the left front of my car whenever I go over anything that made the front of my car go up and down ie: bumps, dips. So I get down and look into my drivers side wheel well to find the problem and discover that...

My crank pulley is now dropping and grinding on the stabilizer bar that comes out of the crossmember and bolts to the lower control arm.

This has never happend before. Not on either motor. So when I got to work, I didn't have much time to do a full inspection, but I did jack the car up, took off the wheel and looked at everything. Nothing is bent, and everything looks fine. I thought mabey my motor mount broke or something, but they are fine from the looks of them, so my only other guess would be my front struts/springs.
It has Sprint Springs with a 1 1/4" drop. The springs have been on the car for almost 2 years.

If anyone has any ideas I really appriciate it. Thanks.

Back