Congragulations Tobacco Users!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
This tax increase on tobacco went into effect on Wednesday, it was signed into law by Obama

Opening act for Congress: raising taxes - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com

And because we know Obama is the new standard in honest politics, sense we know he would never go back on his word to not raise taxes on those making less than $250K/yr, all users of tobacco must make over $250K a year!

Congrats to you, the tobacco user, for your wealth and prosperity. I am however a little ashamed. I saw a guy smoking the other day who was pretending to be home less. The nerve of this wealthy American parading as the derelict to scrape together a few dollars from honest hard working low income non smokers when he himself makes over $250K/yr! I'm glad Obama raised your taxes, you dicks! How dare you swindle money from us the underpaid nonsmokers...

Jan, 2013: Change I can believe in

/rant

it goes up all the time. It's a revenue source that will eventually be tapped-out....

and then what? where will the money come when no one buys cigs any more?

See this is the highly ironic part about this whole situation. People who smoke tobacco are condemned as evil unhealthy burdens on all of humanity. Yet those very same people that condemn smokers want to legalize pot. Do people honestly think that they are going to just walk down to the river pick some bud and smoke it? Hell no, they are going to refine it to the point of cigarettes.

And arnt they kind of putting all their eggs in one basket for Childrens Healthcare? I mean on one hand they hate those who smoke and pan it in any place but a small tent in the middle of the city but on the others they need it to save the children.

It's like the government is gearing up to ban cigarettes too. Wait a few years, lets see...

The flaw with tobacco is it's dependence, at least weed has been scientifically proven to not be addictive. I'd like to see both of them be legal one day and the choice be put with consumers.

Our government is too greedy, they will never ban cigs and loose all of the tax and income revenue from the people employed by them

Two completely different drugs there. Thats like comparing caffeine to alcohol. But who cares, tax the tobacco users into oblivion. They are killing themselves anyway.

Two completely different drugs there. Thats like comparing caffeine to alcohol. But who cares, tax the tobacco users into oblivion. They are killing themselves anyway.
easy to say when you dont smoke, but Im sure youll take a less callous additude when the come after gun rights. Hell after all guns are made to kill.

I smoked for 9 years. It was fucking stupid. I'm glad to be rid of that worthless addiction.

And they can pry my gun from my cold dead fingers. I will defend my right to bear arms. With arms if necessary.

You guys are lucky, we pay about $10-$12 for smokes here! I'm glad I quit smoking... tobacco :D
Gotta have something to get me through the day!!!!

but a right, or a freedom should not be infringed upon, wether you agree with it or not. This taxation crap is infringement on personal liberties. We broke away from england over high taxes.

My point is is that if pot does become legalized who do you think will control the industry? It wont be your creepy uncle with some plants down by the river. It will be a mega corporation that will place additives in pot to make it "longer lasting" or improve the "quality" of the product by increasing its shelf life. Plus you are still inhaling smoke. I am all for decriminalizing pot it puts less of a strain on my tax dollars locking a dumb shit stoner up for being a dumb shit.

Personally I don't like smoking - that's my opinion.
I don't stand for drugs either - that's also my opinion.

Sorry to anyone that thinks positive or uses, but if marijuana and any other drug were to be legalized, I would give up my citizenship and live elsewhere.
That's my .02 cents

It's easy to turn a blind eye to this because it effects a social group society looks down upon.

The larger point is that Obama's new taxes look NOTHING like what he campaigned on. There is rumor that his energy tax will go through next (the one that taxes carbon deposits that occur during energy production). If you live in an area where coal is burned for electricity and you are on the grid you could see your electric bill go up by $3,000 next year. That is NOT a type-o.

The majority of American's who's electricity comes from coal is in the Cumberland Plateau, a whole bunch of "red states" with low per capita income and no energy alternatives.

its probely cheaper to patch up then to buy tobacco

but no i never smoked but i worked at a tobacco farm during H.S. and there is this tar that comes off the plant and it gets on your skin and slowly you get nicotine so you make money and get your nicotine high with out paying for cigarettes.

im with phyre. Its more a favor than a burden. don't complain, stop or stfu. you can live without it. trust me.

all those idiots in the hood that voted for obama are probably pissed now that their newports and kools are out of their price range lol.

We broke away from england over high taxes.

we broke away from england because they where taxing us without giving us any say in the matter. (no taxation without representation.) This is different because "we" (myself not included) voted the bastards into office. I don't smoke but I do agree this shit is getting rediculous.

Back