Congragulations Tobacco Users!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it goes up all the time. It's a revenue source that will eventually be tapped-out....

and then what? where will the money come when no one buys cigs any more?

They will go after alcohol again.

Using the logic that increased taxes/price will lower the rate of purchase slightly, thus reducing the alcohol related accidents and deaths. When you put a safety factor plus a dollar sign to something, people are more prone to accept it.

I'm already getting raped on alcohol right now. It's highway robbery in washington state. I go to NV and everything is 1/2 the price it is here.

As for cigarette's. Come to washington. They're already the highest in the nation. 8.50/pack.

Well it really doesn't matter what taxes are on who right now. Soon everyone else on this forum will get bent over and rode hard for your tax dollars by this administration.

We all have to suffer to be okay now don't we?

I'm already getting raped on alcohol right now. It's highway robbery in washington state. I go to NV and everything is 1/2 the price it is here.

As for cigarette's. Come to washington. They're already the highest in the nation. 8.50/pack.

i can vouch for that.
and i couldnt even bring my girlfriend in the store with me because she didnt have id.

Do people honestly think that they are going to just walk down to the river pick some bud and smoke it?

It wont be your creepy uncle with some plants down by the river.

Looks like your Uncle or someone else you know has some plants down by some river. LOL

The price hasnt gone up here yet. But in Columbus I hear it is $8 a pack. Im already trying to quit but its so damn hard.

Looks like your Uncle or someone else you know has some plants down by some river. LOL

The price hasnt gone up here yet. But in Columbus I hear it is $8 a pack. Im already trying to quit but its so damn hard.

Not anyone I know personally but I know better than to be down by the river while dudes are harvesting.

My point is still valid, if we legalize pot it is going to be ran by a huge corperation that will tweak it more and more to get as many people hooked as possible. It will be no more natural than cigarettes.

ill have to check columbus once I go back next week. it was around 6 before the new tax. drake please tell me the pot down az the river isn't based on "Without a Paddle." lol

ill have to check columbus once I go back next week. it was around 6 before the new tax. drake please tell me the pot down az the river isn't based on "Without a Paddle." lol

Haha no it isnt, its based on real life experience. Any time I go fish or float the river around here I always end up seeing a couple of meixcans with baggy ass jeans and white shoes with one fishing pole a takel box that has never been used and a store bought fish in a net.

im glad i never took up smoking. sucks to be you rich mofo's though.. lol

For whatever it's worth to anyone who wants or is trying to quit, I have a few family members who have used Chantex (sp?) to quit. I don't think it's covered by insurance, and it's fairly pricey ($250 ish) but apparently it works quite well.

Not a smoker myself so I can't speak from experience, but my mother-in-law smoked for 40 years and quit in a month using that method.

I think that is the same stuff that someone I know used and she kicked the habit. She said it was worth every penny she spent on it.

Personally I don't like smoking - that's my opinion.
I don't stand for drugs either - that's also my opinion.

Sorry to anyone that thinks positive or uses, but if marijuana and any other drug were to be legalized, I would give up my citizenship and live elsewhere.
That's my .02 cents

You think alcohol isn't a drug? you should probably go now.

It's easy to turn a blind eye to this because it effects a social group society looks down upon.

The larger point is that Obama's new taxes look NOTHING like what he campaigned on. There is rumor that his energy tax will go through next (the one that taxes carbon deposits that occur during energy production). If you live in an area where coal is burned for electricity and you are on the grid you could see your electric bill go up by $3,000 next year. That is NOT a type-o.

The majority of American's who's electricity comes from coal is in the Cumberland Plateau, a whole bunch of "red states" with low per capita income and no energy alternatives.

Sorry for the double post. 85% of energy production in this county is coal/natural gas/etc fossil fuel, all will be taxed. It's going to fuck everyone.

You know what else really surprises me about this whole situation. The amount of people that support the government dictating acceptable behavior through taxation.

"I'm not a blahblah so I don't care". Yay for the idiot "countrymen" of mine. They don't care because they are just selfish, end of story.

My point is still valid, if we legalize pot it is going to be ran by a huge corperation that will tweak it more and more to get as many people hooked as possible. It will be no more natural than cigarettes.
I completely disagree. If it were to be legalized I would imagine it would be like California. Were people go to "dispensers" to get it which would become like liquor stores. People would want the best bud possible and I don't see how a huge corporation would "tweak" it. If anything they would be trying to get the most THC possible.

I completely disagree. If it were to be legalized I would imagine it would be like California. Were people go to "dispensers" to get it which would become like liquor stores. People would want the best bud possible and I don't see how a huge corporation would "tweak" it. If anything they would be trying to get the most THC possible.

I am sure the farmers back in the day never thought that you could tweak tobacco either. And where in Cali can you legally buy weed, I mean without having sever cancer and such. And they are not going to pump up the THC to sky high levels. Even more so if they sell it in a pack, pre rolled and such. They do not make money off of you being stoned to the bone for 5 hours. They make money off of you smoking a pack or two a day. It will be no diffrent than existing tabacco producs. Minus dip/chew.

I am sure the farmers back in the day never thought that you could tweak tobacco either. And where in Cali can you legally buy weed, I mean without having sever cancer and such. And they are not going to pump up the THC to sky high levels. Even more so if they sell it in a pack, pre rolled and such. They do not make money off of you being stoned to the bone for 5 hours. They make money off of you smoking a pack or two a day. It will be no diffrent than existing tabacco producs. Minus dip/chew.

I see both sides of this argument as being legit. What Drake said is very accurate--yet Eastbxc is accurate as well when he says that people want more for the money. The way I interpreted it, he is stating that small dealers/private growers will sell their item with more THC levels without having to go through the mass production that a larger corporation would.

While you will see people go to both sides of the spectrum, ultimately, it will come down to price and availability. People may pay less money more often to get the same high that can be had from "Joe's" product.

This should probably be moved to the NWS forum due to the change in topic...

We deviated a little from the main topic of taxes and tobacco...

Back