connection speed poll

dial up or dsl/cable AT HOME!

• broadband/cable/

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think B wins this one.

:blink: ji...was wrong....? I can't believe it. :squint:

and while the MAJORITY of us use high-speed, there is still a LOT of people on dial-up. 10% of our community equates at least to 30% of the general public.... after all, most of us are young and into computers and cars and stuff... and get online just about everyday.

man, i dont miss dialup at all. its been ~ 2 years since i had aol. what a joke...

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 22 2004, 02:37 AM
I think B wins this one.

:blink: ji...was wrong....? I can't believe it. :squint:

No, actually, I won. I told him more people were on broadband than dialup. It all came about when were were talking about video games- I'm the VP of http://www.nesteggstudios.com and I was saying that I'm not really concerned about making a game or site that's 56k friendly because pretty much all of the people that are into massive multi-player online role playing games have a fast connection because you NEED it in order to keep up. Then he said that most of the world is still networked with 56K, and I agree, but my counterpoint was that most of the world doesn't live in Nebraska, and in fact, lives in high density population centers, which are networked using broadband connections. Also, deomographically speaking, someone who lives in an area that doesn't offer broadband isn't making an enormous ammount of money (thus, unable to afford a computer or the time to play a MMPORPG), or doesn't care about the internet a whole lot or games on them, because according to a realitor I spoke to about a year ago here in Vermont, the availability of broadband internet access is becoming an increasing factor in chosing a house.

Originally posted by mikesphat@Jan 22 2004, 02:34 AM
2004-01-22 02:33:53 EST: 1017 / 124
Your download speed : 1017915 bps, or 1017 kbps.
A 124.2 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 124262 bps, or 124 kbps.
Seems like broadband .. above the 1mbit barrier!

^^^^dslreport test cable

s401003f815fa7.jpg

me > you :D .
cable > dsl :p .

Back