Consistant rev...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nate_karr

I have a 93 Civic DX
When I start the car in the morning It seems to hold a high idle... doesn't seem right.
When it warms up the high rev turns into a rise and fall of the RPMs.
This sounds as if i am sitting there pressing my gas down and letting off the whole time i am just sitting there.

also the throttle motor on the back of my throttle body will get heated fairly quickly. (Faster than normal)

Could this be My MAP or TPS? Possibly both?

Help PLZ... Its kinda embarassing when you sit there and try not to draw attention to yourself when your car is rev'n up on its own.

Thanks in advanced.

id say thats a tps problem.

Unplug the TPS and if it stops it surging idle, you know what the problem is.

Just fixed that on my buddy's GSR.

(IAC) Idle air control is the normal cause of idle surge . Vacuum leaks will also cause a high idle . Unplug the IAC and if the surge remains thats probally the problem .

well the IAC will usually cause a couple hundred RPM jump, TPS will cause about a 1500 RPM jump.

It is sounding like the TPS. I have no tac but i can tell what my rpms sound like. i have already checked the vac lines. I am poretty new at this so your gonna have to word out where the Iac is exacly. i know where my map and tps is.
someone be useful like the others above.

have you unplugged the TPS sensor yet? if you unplug it and it goes away, you have your answer.

Back