constructive criticism welcome...my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I posted this on HAN as well, so if you have seen it there, yup its still me.
Here is my car as it sits...just pretty much ignore how it looks. during the winter it will look and perform nothing like it it does now.
This is how it sits currently, (yes, i know).
f1ee50de.jpg

f1ee5171.jpg

And here is a rough photoshop picture, of what it should look like after the winter. I didnt get the pic finished, im going to photoshop it with a cf hood as well.

f179d059.jpg

THe only question I have Is, I believe my car is Lowered, it has Eibach springs on it and its a pretty darn rough ride but looking at the ass of it and the side its really not that low. With this front bumper I cant really go much lower at all because the roads here are terrible and Im currently rubbing everywhere.

I was thinking either a 99-00 front end with a lip, and different sideskirks and rear bumper. What would you reccomend? To me it looks like the front is lower than the rear really, and it just looks a little funny in my opinion. I would really like to tuck the tires in the wheel well some what. But then the front bumper on there now will drag. Also Im going to be running 16'' rims as well. I know it cant be lowered that much at all if any, becasue the guy before me had konig 18'' and they rubbed very little.

I really cant decide on what bumpers to aim for. Im not going crappy rice aftermarket fibercrap thats for sure.
And if i do go white, its not going to be the usual white, its going to be a white with a TON of blue pearl in it. I already have my painter picked out, and everything is good to go after the winter, just debating on color.
Constructive criticism welcome.
For the hell of it, the only other mods that are on the car are
b18b w/gsr tranny awaiting swap, all parts just sitting to be installed.
And going t3/t4 turbo aiming for 250 at the wheels.

i only see one pic. But I agree with cheese, stickers gotta go. I never really liked crazy paint schemes but to each his own. I always like the good old champ white with some jdm goodies. Plain and simple and still looks awesome.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Take off the stickers.

+1 on the stickers, lose those tail's & rims, and get a real exhaust.

Guess no one can see my 3rd pic huh? Or you just didnt read my thread.

Sorry, didnt know 5zigen was a fake exhaust :worthy:

If you cant see my car in the 3rd pic its photoshopped white, with volk te-37 rims. I have no need to get another exhaust, because as you see if you read im going turbo. So i will be using either thermal's 3'' or ktellers 3''

i like your idea of the 99-00 front end w/ a lip. as for the rear, i'd just leave the stock bumper with your current lip, or take off the lip and just leave it stock. no reason to go to a rediculous rear bumper. the reason your car looks like a stink bug is the huge front bumper that you've got on there. good luck on the transformation... i like where you're goin'.

Quoted post[/post]]
i like your idea of the 99-00 front end w/ a lip. as for the rear, i'd just leave the stock bumper with your current lip, or take off the lip and just leave it stock. no reason to go to a rediculous rear bumper. the reason your car looks like a stink bug is the huge front bumper that you've got on there. good luck on the transformation... i like where you're goin'.

Thank you, after looking at some ek's with 99-00 front ends that what I realized. And after measuring it with my sisters 97 HX i saw that my front bumper lowers it like 2-3'' Makeing the front lower than the back. So Im deffinatly going with the 99-00 front end and probably drop it a bit more.

Thanks for the input guys

what color is that? almost looks like the same color as my 90 hatch, which i am debating on redoing. looks nice, though.

I don't like the rims at all..

The rest of the car is ok... A little too much flare for me, but to each his own. When doing vinyl, one should do two layers. the lower layer surrounding the outer layer. It gives a pin-striped effect and looks good and finished, instead of just a big black sticker.

I'd roll in it though, nice car.

its okay, i'd take off all stickers, put the stock tails in, go witht that 99-00 bumer idea and lip and get some decent rims, and last lower that car. it looks almost stock height. good luck bud.

Quoted post[/post]]
its okay, i'd take off all stickers, put the stock tails in, go witht that 99-00 bumer idea and lip and get some decent rims, and last lower that car. it looks almost stock height. good luck bud.

Thanks guys, Yeah i used to own a 98 integra GSR with 80k on it...sold it for only $6700 :dry: . Since it was for sale for 6 months with no bites....at all. So i really needed a car. After looking for a month and driving my sisters HX i needed my own car. And every CX or DX hatch i found was outragous in the price, most dealers wanted like $6-7000 for a 96 or 97 dx with like 100k. I got this one for $4000.

The rims are only on for winter, no reason for me to ruin my new rotas with the salt up here :p

Thanks for the comments, and trust me the first thing i asked the guys was if the decals could be removed, he said it shouldnt be faded too bad...HAHAHA. I pealed off one corner and the rest of the car is so faded it would leave the exact design except real bright orange. So i left it on. Its all good though, its already schedualed for repaint after winter at a local shop up here. So no worries. I just cant pick between white with blue pearl, 06 mitsubishi evo graphite grey pearl, or a black kinda like the 99 si black color.

The first mod i need to finish is my b18b swap. i have the ECU, harness, axles, b18b, shift linkage all in my shed, only parts i need are mounts, and my gsr tranny to come in. I just purchased a brand spankin new Neukin turbo manifold for my .57 trim garrett t3/to4e setup ill be running. After all thats in it should be spring time and time for the paint.

Meanwhile i Just picked up a set of GSR rear leather seats off ebay for $152 shipped in mint shape :mrgreen: :worthy: , and new black carpet for $120 shipped :) :p

And the color it is now is House of Kolor Orange pearl...or something to that effect. I cant remember the exact name of the orange but i know its House Of Kolor.

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks for the comments, and trust me the first thing i asked the guys was if the decals could be removed, he said it shouldnt be faded too bad...HAHAHA. I pealed off one corner and the rest of the car is so faded it would leave the exact design except real bright orange. So i left it on.

Peel 'em! That would look pretty cool IMHO.. Bright orange on slightly less bright orange.. Kind of a ghost thing.. :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks for the comments, and trust me the first thing i asked the guys was if the decals could be removed, he said it shouldnt be faded too bad...HAHAHA. I pealed off one corner and the rest of the car is so faded it would leave the exact design except real bright orange. So i left it on.

Peel 'em! That would look pretty cool IMHO.. Bright orange on slightly less bright orange.. Kind of a ghost thing.. :thumbsup:

I probably will when i do the 99-00 front end, since i will have a black hood, fenders, and bumper until repaint, might as well rip the decals off.

The big black ones come off no prob, but he put a gay Jap or chinese symbol on the front bumper thats a pain to get off, i cleaned 3 decals off the window. Then he put a 5zigen, Skunk2, MSD Ignition, Eibach springs, Konig decals on both sides on the fender into the door area which are stuck on really good. Ill probably leave those on becasue it might look a little funny without them.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I probably will when i do the 99-00 front end, since i will have a black hood, fenders, and bumper until repaint, might as well rip the decals off.

The big black ones come off no prob, but he put a gay Jap or chinese symbol on the front bumper thats a pain to get off, i cleaned 3 decals off the window. Then he put a 5zigen, Skunk2, MSD Ignition, Eibach springs, Konig decals on both sides on the fender into the door area which are stuck on really good. Ill probably leave those on becasue it might look a little funny without them.

Also ill probably keep the rear bumper setup, but what do you think about the side skirts...

Back