Consumer Reports Trashes New Insight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Consumer Reports lambasts Honda Insight, ranks it 21 out of 22 vehicles tested

Christ, Honda really dropped the ball on this one. I think the general consensus on this forum is that the thing is ugly and Honda should be making vehicles that are more exciting, but I don't think any of us can deny that there is a niche for cars like this.

This particular car however just sounds like it's a POS all around. Poor fit and finish, excessive road noise, uncomfortable as all hell? Did Honda pass this project off on to some third party to finish? This is just embarassing for a company that's known for producing reliable and high quality (if somewhat bland) cars. The Insight is priced about 3 grand cheaper then the Prius. If it had been decent quality they probably would have done well with it. With all the negative reviews it's getting though, I predict either a redesign or it will be simply be scrapped within a few years.

Thoughts?

all new hondas are like this. the son dropped the ball in 2000 whe the old man died and he took over.

38 fucking miles per gallon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! are you shitting me???
my 2000 insight got better than that WHILE AUTOCROSSING!!!!!

that car sucks ass
and the douche bags in control over at honda need to be taken out back and beaten
that car is insulting

that car sucks ass
and the douche bags in control over at honda need to be taken out back and beaten
that car is insulting

Yeah thats pretty bad. Even 4cy 1.5 honda's from the 1990's would get about 33 mpg on highway trips.

Honda is going to need a bailout if they keep making shitmobile's like that.

that car sucks ass
that car is insulting
Are you fucking kidding me. I am getting 35 to 38 in my Versa. The whole honda line up sucks ass.

Whats the point of going green if the car you need to buy still runs on gasoline and gets the same milage as other gas pwrd cars?

Whats the point of going green if the car you need to buy still runs on gasoline and gets the same milage as other gas pwrd cars?
less emissions. it's all about emissions with a lot of these cars. the term "hybrid" doesn't mean uber mileage, it's is often synonomous with environment friendly.

On the highway, my fit will beat the prius, both the toyota version, and the honda version.

I thought this was going to be another article bashing the fit, I'm glad to not be a new Insight owner. :D

Back