Continious sputter in B18c1 EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I took the injectors out, took a positive and negative lead and connected it directly to the battery and tapped the positive over and over.. A mechanic i know said that sometimes the injectors lock up so to take it out, hit it a couple times and then do what i did with the battery a few times. So the 12v was only temporary to clear it out.

And a mechanic told you this? I feel sorry for the people he charges money to work on their cars. There is a right way to do things... apparently he must be what we like to call a "grease monkey".

Injectors do not "lock up", they either get stuck or seize yielding them inoperative. The correct thing to do, is to remove and replace them. To be honest with you, adding more voltage will not fix a stuck or siezed injector. Also, banging the injector is also not a bright thing to do, as most certified technicians know that injectors are highly sensitive, and even if you drop an injector one foot from the ground, it is considered garbage.

Back