Control arm bushings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It looks like all of the control arm bushings on my car are shot. I can imagine the dealership telling me I need whole new control arms, and rip me off... but the only kits I can find online are made by Energy Suspension (the Hyper-flex series). Does anyone have opinions of these before I order them?

The bushings are pretty cheap, however, they are impossible to install. The dealer will tell you to buy new ones because it makes the hole job alot easier. What I would do is buy LCA's for an integra or del Sol VTEC so that way you can put a rear sway bar on your sol. Go to a junkyard, find a wrecked Integra and take the swaybar with brakets, endlinks, and LCA's. The Stock integra's sways are not really agressive so you dont have to worry about subframe tear out, having your tail end swing out around everyturn, ect. You will notice your car does not push to the outside and will handle a little bit better. If you can get the whole thing from a junk yard, it will probally cheaper then getting new Del sol LCA's from the dealer.

which control arm and which bushing? According to haynes, the upper control arm ball joint bushing can't be replaced/regreased. You have to replace the entire UCA. I just did this last night due to the constant squeeking. Took about 2 hours with hand tools. No more squeek!! :D Got the UCA off e-bay. $9.99 for the pair.

If it is anything else, follow suggestion #1, IMO

PixXxieGuy.... How does your car handle with the bushing shot???.. And where and how do you check to see if there shot. I have a 93 SI and the front end feels heavy.... What could it be!!!!!

I did the master Hyperflex bushing set in my 97. You can pretty much replace every bushing in the front suspension. They're simple to replace when you have a propane torch, air hammer, compressor, and vise. Takes about 5mins per bushing. If you wanna know how to do it let me know.

Last week i was installing new shocks and springs (tokico hps w/ eibach sportlines) and when we got to the rear all the bolts had siezed up with the bushings, after breaking the heads off (wasn't till later we realized they had siezed) fighting with the bolts and $80 worth of honda dealership bushings and bolts, another $30 for a machine shop to press them in, everything was fine. So now im going to order new lca's and hyperflex bushings and have the machine shop press them all in for me.

Back