1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controlling VTEC for mini me

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by HollowJDM, Apr 30, 2005.

1. HollowJDM

HollowJDM Senior Member

I am about to do the mini me swap, and have gone over my options on the vtec, whether using a switch such as V-AFC or the EX ECU, now the switch would work and all, but isnt it true that only the vtec ecu can properly operate it due to it also advances timeing and adjusts fuel at the vtec point? a switch would only kick the lifters into vtec and not do the timing and fuel. correct?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

VAFCs hook up to the oil pressure switch, and the distributor rpm signal, so in effect would be engaging vtec the same way you ECU does. Difference being that the ECU does it according to set parameters, and the VAFC will do it when you tell it to because it doesn't care. If you are just randomly setting it to, than you may not be getting teh most performance out of it, you should set it as close to stock as possible, till you can get it tuned.

3. HollowJDM

HollowJDM Senior Member

but doesnt the ecu also adjust timing and fuel and all that junk when it reaches the vtec point?

4. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

Yes and no. It has set parameters as stated before that for every X input it has a Y action. It doesn't really do any adjusting. It reads the input and response according to program.

5. UDT

UDT Senior Member

What he said, accept at WOT it runs on a pre configured map only no adjusting.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted