Convertible Civic Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

<-- Is diggin' the EF truck.

First time I saw one ( yes I've seen more than one ) was in FL. Some guy pulled up at a gas station next to where we were staying on vacation. So I walked over to check it out. It was a clean job but the fuel pump cover and harness were still exposed to the elements. After talking to the guy, he was building a false floor to go over it so he would have a true truck bed. His actually had a back window with sliding glass. It was primer gray with a good stance on a set of Flik Blasts ( ROTA Slipstreams ) He said he would sell it but wanted to much, something like $4,500.

oh really?

I guess you've never seen one of these then?

250px-hondas2000-004.jpg

:d

silverstone ftmfw!!!

Attachments

• Tiffs camera 066.JPG
    Tiffs camera 066.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 328
Last edited:
First time I saw one ( yes I've seen more than one ) was in FL. Some guy pulled up at a gas station next to where we were staying on vacation. So I walked over to check it out. It was a clean job but the fuel pump cover and harness were still exposed to the elements. After talking to the guy, he was building a false floor to go over it so he would have a true truck bed. His actually had a back window with sliding glass. It was primer gray with a good stance on a set of Flik Blasts ( ROTA Slipstreams ) He said he would sell it but wanted to much, something like $4,500.

I would pay that much for one, if it was done right that is.

I've seen an EF with the roof chopped off and a pickup camper shell installed over it. He got away before I could get pics. It was horrifying.

i went and got the remaining carpet and carpeted trunk pannel peices today... and a side skirt i was missing... and a new fuel pump... and some ecu pinouts... and the one thing i couldent get was a knock senser... does anyone know if OBD2 d series motors have knock sensers and if there interchangeable? that would be helpful...
also i just took some photos of where i caped everywhere i cut... and take note they are just ruff grinded metal and i will body work before i paint...
enjoy :)

Attachments

• P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 350
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 331
  • P1010104.jpg
    P1010104.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 313
how did you reinforce the frame?
im hoping you just missed that question the first time i asked bc if you didnt, then i wouldnt drive that thing if my life depended on it.
hit something and its going to collapse like a beer can.

well i missed that reply demon... once i pull all the carpet, dash, seats, and full interior back out i will slap in my low-pro V brace around the door, and other low to the body suports... and just to point out you have a photo of a sportbike (and we all know they will kill you instantly if your hit on one) as your pic... and your concerned for your life in riding in a car that still has doors/seatbelts/airbags and some comon sense behind the wheel, i will take my chances with my hair flappin in the wind and a smile on my face :)

nonono, not true, my friend.
i have been hit on one before. im still here.

and yes, i would be more scared to ride in that thing than i would be to get on a bike. with a car you have an expected safety standard (for lack of better word.)
you need to reinforce the frame underneath, alot. along with the bars in the doors. it needs a lot of support in the middle that you have removed.

looks good, but dont hit anything.

I've been trying to find the picture of that blue EF with the eg front end conversion who had cut the top off of his and even caged it. About 6 months later it was in the back of Super Street magizine in the "reader captured" ( can't remeber what the section is named )section and was about to fall apart.

... and just to point out you have a photo of a sportbike (and we all know they will kill you instantly if your hit on one) as your pic... and your concerned for your life in riding in a car that still has doors/seatbelts/airbags and some comon sense behind the wheel, i will take my chances with my hair flappin in the wind and a smile on my face :)

copy

Back