Convertible CRX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the thing is ugly with the soft top on, but off it looks pretty sweet, but im not to fond of convertables, however, i am in love with my targa top tho lol

Is B still looking for his beater? Haha. Serously, a gas getter that is also a convertible? Pump in a little boost and I would be in love.

Last edited:
<-Not a fan of convertibles. The only "convertible" I like is the hard-top convertible Cadillac XLR....with the top up and a NA Miata with the hardtop. :)

If it was converted, then technically it's not a factor one. There's another company that converts 88-91's IIRC though.

Last edited:
Like my Celica Sunchaser, it was sold at Toyota dealers as a conversion. Mine was Griffith, which is right up there with ASC, Straman, yadda yadda.

the company bought a few hundred of them, converted them, and sold them to dealerships themselves. Not sold to Toyota. (My Sunchaser, for instance, had a rear defroster switch)

that actually looks cool. i kinda figured it was a kit, i never knew honda actually put a convertible crx out, theres someone around here whos done a full carbon fiber conversion onto an EF, the entire thing is carbon fiber (body wise) and its a convertible, i thought that was pretty stupid but that just looks good

HONDA DID NOT MANUFACTURE A CONVERTIBLE CRX. EVER.

AGAIN. HONDA DID NOT MANUFACTURE A CONVERTIBLE CRX. NOT EVER.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Convertible CRX is pure SEX.... ME WANTS! also i want to add those flush mount headlights are the shizz. I had a 84 Civic hatch last year and switched to those ones from the crappy ones that came with it. took me a month to find some in good condition at the junkyard but it was worth it.
HPIM0591.JPG

Last edited:
A lot of convertible civics were made in Germany. There's a company that converted them, I just can't remember where I read it. I think german wikipedia.

Not many were made, because it was so expensive. Think like 1/3 of the car's sale price.

i like that one hardtop that makes the s2k look kinda like a hatch, know the one? i believe it was by c-west... not sure tho

Back