Converting b18a1 to b18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

6thgenlover

Ok here is my delima I have a b18a1 that is fully built and I have a b18b1 intake manifold with throttle body. What else do I need to swap? I have heard that a b18b1 will wire up with a 97 civic. And I don't see much difference between b18a1 and b18b1 long blocks except intake manifold and pcv valve locations. I am trying to get around the obd nighmare. Any help would be great

So whats your question? I vote that we here at hondaswap.com start using the KISS method: Keep It Simple Stupid

...and theres a lot more of a difference than just intake manifolds. theres a 10hp difference between the 90-91 and 92-93 B18a's and theres i think a 4 or 2hp difference between the 92-93 B18a's and the B18b's.

the big difference between the b18a and obd1 b18b is the intake valve size and the cams. the b18a intake valves are a little smaller.

and i think the 2hp difference between the obd1 and obd2 b18b is in the ecu.

your going to need the obd2 exhaust that fits the 2 O2 sensors that are required with obd2, and you will need the propper ecu.

too bad tho, cause i had the right ecu and i couldn't find a buyer so i let it go on ebay for $10.

that sux.

Back