Converting civic hatch front end to 91 crx. Help please!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bigin1987

I recently got into the Honda community and I got a 91 crx. It has a body kit on it and I want to remove it. I was wanting to know if the civic hatch front end will work on the crx? :confused:Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I recently got into the Honda community and I got a 91 crx. It has a body kit on it and I want to remove it. I was wanting to know if the civic hatch front end will work on the crx? :confused:Any help on this would be much appreciated.

It will. You will need the fenders bumper and valance piece that goes between the bumper and hood from the Civic. The CR-X front bumper has that piece built in, in a way.

Big thing here is Civic/CR-X fenders and front bumpers don't work with each other. There will be gaps. If you use the Civic fenders they wont match the rest of the car as they do not have those plastic pieces that match the stock side skirts on a CR-X.

Yeah but won't it just be all fender instead of the plastic piece?

Yeah but won't it just be all fender instead of the plastic piece?

That's what I'm saying. It will work, it just won't match exactly.

Rear bumper, I don't think you can use anything but CR-X. The width of the bumper might be the same but the sides are a different length. Someone else might know better than me on that though.

Ok. I hope someone else can tell me cause around here crxs are becoming rare and junk yards have the civics. I would much rather buy it used because it gets pricey being new. And I appreciate your feedback on that.

And also I have the jdm d16a SOHC non-vtec in this car which is the same as the d16a6 usdm, what's a good site to get performance parts like cam, injectors, header/exhaust etc? I might even turbo it one day.

The car will never look right until you get the proper front/rear end. You should be able to find some CRX's either crashed or stripped around on forums and get the parts you need.

Do an I/H/E and tune up on the D16 and rock it till it dies. Screw injectors/cam, then on the side build & boost tha fuck outta it.

The thing is that I live in the middle of Missouri and were all rednecks. Around here noone messes with imports only cummins and duramax. If I could find someone that would have the parts they would most likely be 100 miles away literally

Yes, it'll work. Just make sure you swap the corner lights, fenders, and bumper cover+bumper filler.

The only thing to "worry" about is the plastic piece on the bottom(fender); HBs didn't have it while CRXs did. It'll look tacky but you can remove the other plastics off the CRX, fill the holes, and it'll match.

I have a CRX front-end on a Civic hatchback btw(both are 1988s)

Last edited:
Ok. Well I appreciate the info. I guess I'll just have to find a crx or buy the rear bumper than

I/H/E = Intake, Header, exhaust.

When he said tune up I think he meant a literal tune up not engine tuning. so plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and check you timing to make sure you are getting the most from it.

I/H/E = Intake, Header, exhaust.

When he said tune up I think he meant a literal tune up not engine tuning. so plugs, wires, cap, and rotor and check you timing to make sure you are getting the most from it.

Yeah that's what I meant. But dynotune when boosted haha.

The Civic bumper and filler pannel are two pieces while on the CRX it's all one piece in the bumper so there would be a large gap.

Key hole also does not line up and contour around the tail light corner is different

Oh. Ok. Thanks guys much appreciated. It already has an old school actual weapon r cai and a magnaflow exhaust. Just need a header. What do you guys think about the eBay turbo kits? And the exhaust and headers?

Back