Converting civic hatch front end to 91 crx. Help please!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

And if I turbo it and just build the entire block ( crank,rods,pistons and top end etc...) and boosted it to anywhere between 14 and 21 psi, do you think it would hold it and what kinda power would it push? And is there another transmission with closer gears I could swap in to this car that's a straight bolt on?

And if I turbo it and just build the entire block ( crank,rods,pistons and top end etc...) and boosted it to anywhere between 14 and 21 psi, do you think it would hold it and what kinda power would it push? And is there another transmission with closer gears I could swap in to this car that's a straight bolt on?
i need info on this please

Get stronger rods and low comp pistons. Lots of people use the Eagle/Vitara set up and make up to 300 whp cheap. Better to piece together a quality turbo set up than buying a eBay one.

Is your car an Si? Get an Si transmission if you want the best gearing.

It's an so crx with a jdm d16a SOHC non-vtec with the stock tranny but it's really high geared. What about a good crank and cam?

It's an so crx with a jdm d16a SOHC non-vtec with the stock tranny but it's really high geared. What about a good crank and cam?

So it sounds like a D15B2 trans.

Crank should be fine, Bisimoto made a 700 whp D16Z6 with a stock crank. Cam would be nice but I'd recommend a SOHC VTEC head swap first. You get a power adder - VTEC, then you get the ease of tuning a turbo beast with an OBD1 ECU vs your not so tunable OBD0 ECU.

I see. Thanks for that. How do I go about finding out what transmission I have?

Yeah it has a sunroof and rear sway bar. I'll get pics as soon as possible. Why did you want to know if it had a sunroof and rear sway bar?

Because that means your car is an Si and most likely has an Si tranny too. Are you sure you don't have a stock D16A6? Oh and you must have rear discs too. :thumbsup:

It's a d16 motor. Which is the same thing as the d16a6 and yeah it's an si. But that's all the engine has stamped on it is d16a nothing else.

The thing is that I live in the middle of Missouri and were all rednecks. Around here noone messes with imports only cummins and duramax. If I could find someone that would have the parts they would most likely be 100 miles away literally
dude, im in topeka ks. thers more hondas in kc mo then almost any wher in k.s exept witchita. crx 1990-91 r same & 1988-89. crx r wider then sedan, and hatch. .

Back