1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting to power door locks and mirrors on a dx

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by alldemtingz, Mar 15, 2005.

1. alldemtingz

alldemtingz Junior Member

i got a dx sedan, wat exactly do i need to convert my manual windows/locks to power locks/windows. i kno i need the 4 panels with switches, but exactly which other parts? thanks for any help

can i install it myself (meaning the parts will bolt right in) or do i need pro install for cutting/welding etc?

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You can use the LX/EX door panels and wire it all in yourself. There shouldn't be any welding involved at all, but you may have to cut/drill some of the metal inside the door to mount the power window regulators and lock actuators.

If you want to go aftermarket, you can also get an Autoloc or SPAL kit for either the windows or locks. That's what I did, and I'm pretty happy with it.

3. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

What type of switches did you use? Did you get new door panels to accomidate no window crank and power lock switches? How long was the install?

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I used the aftermarket switches in the kit, and just used caps to cover the crank holes. The locks are only activated by the alarm on my setup. I didn't do the initial install, but I've taken it out and replaced motors before- so I'd say the full window and lock install would take you 2-4 hours depending on how fast you are. All my switches are in the center console right behind the shifter.

5. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

ive heard wiring this can be a pain if trying to wire in a stock unit but using some thing aftermarket might not be -

6. alldemtingz

alldemtingz Junior Member

so if i wanted to fully convert to pwr locks/win (with honda parts), i would need:

-4 door panels w/switches
    -4 lock actuators
    -4 window regulators
    -wiring harnesses
    -power lock module
    -power window module

anything i missed?

also approx. how long would it take to install this by a pro, cuz then i can figure out the costs.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted