Cool oppurtunity at University

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter4life

Rotary Man
So I live in saskatchewan, and just started my first yar of university. They have this club called huskie motorsports, and they build race cars. Went to the preliminary meeting tonight. Basically they race at SAE formula meets, and compete against people all around the world. I'm looking forward to it, became a member tonight. I was wondering if anyone else has gone to any of these events, over the years? Last year it was in california, maybe share their experience. Right now I know basic mechanics and have tinkered around a bit, with both my Rx7's and a current d series turbo project, but these guys make me look bad lol. I mean geez I don't know much about building a race car chasis and suspension except the basics. Just looking forward to a good learning experience. I'm hoping to get into the sponsorship and engine building part of the team. Not sure why I posted this, just excited is all I guess...plus we get to drive the cars^_^

Thats awesome. Ive never been to an event but I'm sure they're nerve wracking for participants but still a whole lot of fun. Good luck.

there's usually a formula 2000 (or formula ford, whatever its called now... 2L f1/cart cars basically) race at limerock on memorial day weekend

Yah I'm excited, we don't really have anything car related here, we have like one or two car shows a year, that suck. Not much track racing except for a small club that just started and no kind of other meets. I'm looking forward to it, one of the cars does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds flat approx. (faster then my turbo rex for sure) and they have a faster supercharged engine waiting to be put in this year, so hopefully I can be part of the tuning process, and the build of a new car. They have a lot of intake restrictions though, guess it's because the judges don't want people showing up with 300 horses in a 500 pound chasis, could get dangerous:eek:

FSAE is sick. I did it and it's one of the main reasons I got a job at Honda. Think go kart with gixxer motor it it, except that it has formula 1 derived brakes, suspension, and chassis.

Really you have? Cool, yah it sounds like an awesome experience, we don't have one of the biggest budgets for schools, but we came in like 36th of over 80 teams last year. This year we're supposed to be putting in a supercharged...yes supercharged f4i i think or rr...anyways it's a honda 600. They've been building it for the last year...sounds like fun

Back