coolant AND oil loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18a1build

Gay username^
Ok, I believe my valve seals are bad but I want some more opinions: The motor misfires everytime I start it and it always burns oil. replaced the spark plugs seals, and all the spark stuff so I know its not that. When I pull the second plug there is literally oil pouring off of the spark plug.

As for the coolant problem, I am burning through coolant like none other. besides the head gasket, what else could this be?

Engine: F22b2 Thanks guys

Ok, I believe my valve seals are bad but I want some more opinions: The motor misfires everytime I start it and it always burns oil. replaced the spark plugs seals, and all the spark stuff so I know its not that. When I pull the second plug there is literally oil pouring off of the spark plug.

As for the coolant problem, I am burning through coolant like none other. besides the head gasket, what else could this be?

Engine: F22b2 Thanks guys
if you change the seals, and yet your burning oil and your spark plugs have oil. then that meens your piston rings are fried.

And for the coolant most likely you should check your wanter pump for signs of coolant leaking out. Or, theirs an old water hose that could be leaking. For those things, you should go to a local shop and tell them to do a presure check and youll find the problem even faster.^_^

well I didnt change the valve seals yet, but the little rubber things that go around the spark plug holes on the valve cover

well I didnt change the valve seals yet, but the little rubber things that go around the spark plug holes on the valve cover
wait i dont get it, you change the "rubber things that go around the spark plug holes on the valve cover" if you did and it still have oil on the Spark plugs, and your burning oil than its your Piston Rings.;)

from all the systems that you are saying i would say the head gasket or the rings are fried, so they are the two i would go for man....good luck

Sure sounds like some worn piston rings to me also, if you replaced the spark plug hole seals and the plugs are still covered in oil then...

Think about it, where else is oil going to come from?
Only the chamber, and for oil to get up to it, it would have to get past the piston/rings.

Honestly, I'd suggest a leak down and definitely a compression test before you do anything else.

Come back with the results.

Back