1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant fan not working

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 93DAB2OVtec, Nov 3, 2017.

1. 93DAB2OVtec

93DAB2OVtec New Member

Hi guys. long time read first time poster. I got a 93 integra that has a B20vtec 98crv b20b with 2000 civic si b16 with 3 core half rad. hondata s300 version 380cc injectors blackworks intake manifold, eclutchmasters stage 5 clutch. new gates timing belt,and tensioner. a/c was remove to make room for turbo. Well i have a few issues.
    I got the fan wired to switch that i have to turn on. My hondata flashes code 11 overheating randomly on cold start. I didn't pass emissions due to high c0 ... Please help me guys. I have tools and timing gun

2. 93DAB2OVtec

93DAB2OVtec New Member

I also got a new ect sensor and it gets 12v. i bridge that fan doesnt come on. Tested fan it comes on.. Swapped out mutiple junk yard ects and relys. I just want the fan to work right and pass emission...Help me keep these da on the road

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

theres alot going on here and something you wired would be hard to diagnose lol welcome to Hondaswap ! post some pics of that thang

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Check wiring for fan to accessories. Might have a bad line.

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Also generally when wiring fans id reccomend using a painless wiring kit with a relay its only like $40, but if OG wiring it straight with a switch give the fan 12v constant and use the switch for the ground soo the 12v load isnt on the switch

6. 93DAB2OVtec

93DAB2OVtec New Member

Thanks I did remove the ac might be problem I get voltage at relay... Replaced relay but nothing.. what kind of kit do u recommend? So that kit will run a new relay and use the temp from ect to control the fan?

7. 93DAB2OVtec

93DAB2OVtec New Member

Wiring pic not going to help.. I didn't change anything from stock but wire in vtec..

8. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

And you can verify that fan worked before swap? AKA the wiring continuity is fine?

9. 93DAB2OVtec

93DAB2OVtec New Member

the fans were working fine with the swap done and everything. I have had swap in for about 15 thousand miles but now it is not working. I have to have fan ran on a switch for now. I did a bunch of trouble shooting but it seems like everything is in working order but the wiring seems to be the problem. Is there a kit i could buy that could fix this problem. I hate having to run my fan on a switch its ghetto..please help

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted