coolant issues... so stuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
So I have a 93 prelude with H22a1...

We have all the coolant lines hooked up in the car, no leaks any wear in the motor. I'm having an issue with air in the coolant lines somewere!

We at 1st had the over flow bottle line from the rad hooked up, we would open the bleeder valve and then air would start flowing into the overflow bottle
eek.gif
So we sealled off the over flow bottles passage way. Now if I open the bleeder valve all I get is white foamish looking coolant, its consistant and does not go away even after 3-5mins of idel
frown.gif
Thus said any ideas? I can't leave the prelude ideling for more than 10-15mins from a cold start up as it almost pegs the thermo....

other issues is this is causing the car to be extreamly boggy after 5mins of driving...

you got to get the air out, so keep adding it will finally work out, and the pump might have gone bad,and is the fan coming on

brandnew Water pump, and if I open the rad cap with the bleeder valve open coolant comes out of the rad like mount rushmore

Open the bleeder nut by the rear thermostat with the car off, pour coolant into radiator until it comes out the bleeder nut. Make sure your heater knob is turned all the way up. After coolant starts flowing out if the bleeder nut, tighten it back up, close the radiator and start the car. Let it run for a few minutes, long enough for the thermostat to open, and do the same procedure. You *should* have all the air out then.

done that... it still freaks out... looking toward the , fast idle thermo valve now... mite be were air is coming into the car, goign to by pass it for now and see what happens.....

tryed the bleeder car off and coolant, got coolant to come out, started the car it ran for 10mins and was almost pegged for heat... btw no thermo in my car, removed it when it got stucked closed and as its a summer car... kind of pointless

it was a small cracked headgasket, little comp test and kablam peaces started to come and signs started to show... yay:rimshot:

Back