Coolant Leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gen2Teg

I've had a coolant leak for a while now so I haven't really been driving my car around. Me and my friends checked a bunch of times, just not too thurough(sp?) and today I finnaly saw the general area of where its comming from, under the intake manifold, or so I think. I know its not the radiator, radiator hoses, heater core, or heater core hoses, Any idea if any hoses run under the intake manifold or you think it could be the intake manifold itself? And this is on my integra. Thanks for the help.

theres lines that run from the top of the block to sensors that are in the general area...maybe thats it, did you ever try stop leak...if its something minor it will take care of it...

Yeah I tried stop leak, and it worked for a few hours. Then while i was driving I heard a loud ass sound and whatever it was that was leaking just blew open even more and its a bitch cause im not sure whats under the intake manifold. I heard it could be 3 hoses, 2 for the heatercore, and im pretty sure its not that, and some other one that i forgot what its called. Anyone know what it is, where, and what its for?

There are passages where coolant flows through IN the intake manifold. If the intake manifold was recently removed it could have been cracked on installation or if it was subjected to some kind of abuse it could have cracked it. If its leaking on the passenger side of the engine, it could be the intake manifold that is cracked/or, the line that connects to intake manifold may be cracking/craked. Take the manifold off and check the manifold to see if its cracked or if the lines are in bad shape.

thers the tube that goes from to water pump to the rear water outlet"bottom rad hose"

its probably what crx said..just follow all the coolant/water lines have someone start your car and throttle it a few times(after its warmed up)and you look for leaks..you probably need to replace some hoses or seals

Check the EACU (electronic air control unit) it's on the center-back of the intake manifold and has a electrical plug and 2 small coolant hoses running into and out of the bottom. The hoses may be leaking , or the gasket on the bottom of the EACU may be leaking. Get a small mirror and take a look.

Back