Coolant missing- where did it go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steelbuster

Got a B16 Swap thats losing a little coolant all the time. There are no visable leaks of any kind. The compression is exc., high and the same on all cylinders. No coolant inside the car and no smell so I do'nt think its the heater core. The bottom plate on the EVAC is rusty and Maybe shows a little wetness??
Question: where's the coolant going? Is it possible for the diaphram in the EVAC to leak and draw coolant into the intake?? Or is it the head gasket and if so..HOW DO YOU CHECK THAT? By pressure checking the coolant system maybe ? Ther are no bubbles or foam visable when looking in the radiator.

There you go, replace ur head gasket AND intake manifold gasket (not too important but change it) and it should solve your problem :eek:)

Originally posted by steelbuster@Nov 30 2003, 12:53 AM
I am veryy sorry for the typo...It sould have read 'NO' evidence of coolant...

Well is there any white residue on the inside/around ur your oil cap?

Look up...I believe I corrected typo and said there was NO evidence of coolant in the oil.

it wouldnt be your head gasket if your compression is fine so rule that out. if you have 2x checked all your hoses i would check your radiator for any problems. if you were getting coolant in your intake mani you would be burning it and your car would smoke like a mofo, so unless your smokin i think you could rule that out.

check al the hose when the car is running and hot check for drips

Checked all hose's, radiator,ect. with the engine running, hot ,cold yadaydayda.....Driving me crazy...It is only losing a small amount, maybe a couple of oz. after 100 miles and a number of start-stop cycles. I don't think this would show up as noticable smoke even if it was going into the intake.
Has any had an EVAC apart? I still suspect that is where it's going. :blink:

Do the radiator cap and overflow tank cap seal tightly? I had a friend who was losing it that way, with nothing else evidencing a loss. Took awhile to figure that one out.

New cap (tested good anyway).. coolant is missing from and being added to overflow tank. No leaks there or anywhere else thats visable.

I was having that problem on my 91 integra with a b16a2 swap. i just kept adding and it finally stopped. must of been an air bubble or something. I dont know if thats whats up with urs or not.

Don't know what it was. :blink: ..but it's stopped now after about 300mi.

Back