Coolant temp sensor issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

After blowing up my turbo ZC I've now switched to B series. I have a OBD 1 Cable trans B16a. But I switched the dizzy , injectors , and ECU so I'm running it as a OBD 0 motor. Now my question is on my old ZC harness and basicly is the same as any 88'-91' Civic/CR-X Si if I remember the motors and harnesses use only one connection for the coolant temp and two kick on the fans where as on my B16 there's the coolant temp sensor under the VTec soliniod and the fan switch sensor on the thermostat housing right ? Now when I goto to put the B16 do I just connect the connector on my harness to the sensor on the head under the VTec soliniod and leave the one on the thermo housing alone or what do I have to do. Also my friend was saying that I may have to switch out the sensor on the head for a OBD0 sensor is this true I thought they were the same. Basicly I just want to know what I have to do as far as the coolant temp sensor goes ? Thanks

i would connect the temp sensor.i think that is what tells the ecu to turn your fan on.ill check mine out and get back to you in a minute.i have the temp sensor under the vtec sol hooked up but i dont have a sensor on my thermo housing

Cool so everything works fine ? I mean with just the one sensor hooked up the fans kick on when they're supposed to.If so Thanks again.

Back