cooling fan not turning on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

hi---i heard that if you remove the ac, or in my case do a swap and leave the ac out that the fan looses its ground and you have to re wire it. there was a black wire that went to the ac comressor, but i couldnt figure out what it was, so I cut it and taped it up. Should I wire the fan like the haynes manual has a diagram for a non ac car? If I do that I was sort of worried that the cooling fan circuit is going to malfunction. its a b16a2 in a 91 integra(obd-0). As long as Im not sitting idleing the car stays cool, so hopefully I wont hit traffik on the way to work today, or else I might have to turn the car off. I did that last night at an accident. I need my fan. I dont want to wire to run all the time, or wire a switch, but If I have to I will. thanks, dan

check the fan switch...its at the back of the block beside the oil filter.....i changed mine n it works fine now...........

my fan didnt work after my swap, check the connector, there should be 2 gold connectors, one of mine broke off so it didnt work, got a new fan for $5 at a wrecker and it works fine

Back