cooling fan not working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sorry if this has been addressed, but have you tried jumping the fan to the battery to make certain that it works?

ok make sure the fan switch on the bak of the block is pluged in. it is a 2 prong plug next to the oil filter. there should be like a boot looking plug for it. i jus had this problem and it wasnt pluged in. and then i pluged it in and still didnt work cuz the plug was bad so got some new female conectors and it work fine. fan came on at opperating temp.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jul 5 2005, 04:50 PM
sorry if this has been addressed, but have you tried jumping the fan to the battery to make certain that it works?
[post=520973]Quoted post[/post]​

yep tried that

i'll check again jdm... thanks

HAHA, i'm going through the same thing man, i havent really tooled around with it at all, but it takes a LONG time for my car to come up to temp, a lot longer than it does in my 97 civic ex, maybe beacuse i dont have any a/c condensor, just right to the rad. Ill have to check these people's suggestions for you problem, as I have the same exact one.

im ghetto rigging it till i get the problem solved. Its freakin hot as hell. And the motor will run hotter when i put freon and have the ac blasting. Whats a good ignition wire to use? All i can think of is the radio wire. Or i can splice the ac fan power wire, but im afraid of blowin some fuse or relay and having a bigger problem

well i rigged it and my idle would not go under1500 or so. I just disconnected it and i'll wait till i come back in town in 2 weeks. damnit. thanks for the advice guys. fell free to leave more,i just wont be here to check them till 2 weeks

Back