Cooling Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG6Civic83

B16A (SiR II)
1992 Civic Si

Need to know what radiator to go with. I've been told that the old school EG single core radiator will not sufficiently cool the B16A powerplant. I can get an SiR Dual Core Radiator w/ fans for $100 plus shipping. What to do? What to do?

The orginal raditor will work but for superior cooling you should upgrade.
The best on bolt oem raditor is the 94-97 del sol dohc vtec and the 99-00 civic si's they also feature the larger water neck. They bolt right up and have a twin core design.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I accually just ran in to this problem this past month. The JDM water necks are much larger then the USDM del sol or SI rad (by like 1/8") I didnt feel safe just tightening it on. You may need to get new water neck housing for the block..... and where are you getting the rad/fan from? I want one, lol

I actually just ordered my radiator from hmotorsonline.com not 10 mins ago!!! I've been told that the B16 radiator hoses from a del Sol will fit that radiator and water necks on the B series. At least that is what I am hoping since I have already ordered radiator and hoses for my B series.

I ended up getting an integra duel core rad, it fits beauitifuly, SO LONG A/C HAHAAAA

Not bad. Teggy radiator should get you some good cooling. I wanted to go with the SiR stuff cause I would really love to convert my car over to RHD EG6. But I am a long way from that. I figured that the EG6 radiator would be good since it is the radiator made for the motor. What year radiator did you end up getting, what hoses did you use and what car did you drop that thing in?

Yeah I was looking for a Koyo or Fluidyne but they are like $400 without fans. The unit I got from HMO is the JDM EG6 unit, dual core, made for the SiR II with fans included for $100 and free shipping. Not a bad deal overall and I can always upgrade whenever I get more money.

Back