Cooling Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bigdatl

I have a 94 Accord LX with the 4 banger I have noticed that recently my temperature guage fluctuates from it's normal position 1/4 of the guage to 1/2 or a little higher. no real pattern to the fluctuation. I changed the antifreeze thinking it was old but I still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thermostat maybe?

Thanks for the help.

If its a 94 with the original thermostat that would be good start. Also check for debri in the radiator. A simple visit to the car wash might (clean the radiator from inside under the hood spraying out) help

You also didn't describe the driving conditions when it was happening, - highway or sitting traffic, a/c on or off, I also think - (but double check my info ) - that the Honda manual calls for about 30-40% distilled water in your system not just straight antifreeze.

Last edited:
you might try automotiveforums.com - there is lot more info there on "normal" stuff like your problem. I'm Not knocking the board here, its just their forum is older and larger and has a lot of good info.

Back