1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Question

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Bigdatl, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Bigdatl

Bigdatl New Member

I have a 94 Accord LX with the 4 banger I have noticed that recently my temperature guage fluctuates from it's normal position 1/4 of the guage to 1/2 or a little higher. no real pattern to the fluctuation. I changed the antifreeze thinking it was old but I still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thermostat maybe?

Thanks for the help.

2. n8zdogg

n8zdogg New Member

If its a 94 with the original thermostat that would be good start. Also check for debri in the radiator. A simple visit to the car wash might (clean the radiator from inside under the hood spraying out) help

You also didn't describe the driving conditions when it was happening, - highway or sitting traffic, a/c on or off, I also think - (but double check my info ) - that the Honda manual calls for about 30-40% distilled water in your system not just straight antifreeze.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  3. Bigdatl

Bigdatl New Member

Thanks. I will try the Thermostat route this weekend and clean the radiator today to see what happens.

4. n8zdogg

n8zdogg New Member

you might try automotiveforums.com - there is lot more info there on "normal" stuff like your problem. I'm Not knocking the board here, its just their forum is older and larger and has a lot of good info.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted