cooling system problem Pls help now!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eg6nRpS13

ok I have a 95 civic cx hb just recently dropped in a jdm b18c gsr, got everything running good got rid of all cel codes, i recently noticiced i had a coolant leak on my lower radiator hose. I got a new radiator hose and replaced it. Now my radiator fan is not kicking on and im overheating when i drive, i filled and topped off the radiator fluid. I think i have a big air bubble. How do i get rid of air bubbles. Cooling fan worked fine before i switched the hoses. I think i might need to upgrade radiators soon to cool my gsr off alot better. any help on how to get rid of air bubbles would greatly be apprecieated.

Bleed the system using either the bleed screw, or just by running it with the cap off. Make sure your overflow bottle is at the level its supposed to be. On top of that, make sure your thermostat is okay (might as well change it), and check the thermoswitch as well.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 23 2005, 09:00 AM
Bleed the system using either the bleed screw, or just by running it with the cap off. Make sure your overflow bottle is at the level its supposed to be. On top of that, make sure your thermostat is okay (might as well change it), and check the thermoswitch as well.
[post=559132]Quoted post[/post]​

How do I go about bleeding it? is there a way i can just flush it all out and just refill it again? i have not time to try to get all the bubbles out. If I cant, do i bleed it while the car is on or off? my overflow is just a lil over the max. Everything was working fine before I bought the new lower radiator hose, so im guessing the thermostat and the thermo switch should still be good. If anything can I just use the parts off my d series engine like the thermostat and the switch? Need help asap if anyone knows anything let me know thanks in advance.

[post=559132]Quoted post[/post]​

How do I go about bleeding it? is there a way i can just flush it all out and just refill it again? i have not time to try to get all the bubbles out. If I cant, do i bleed it while the car is on or off? my overflow is just a lil over the max. Everything was working fine before I bought the new lower radiator hose, so im guessing the thermostat and the thermo switch should still be good. If anything can I just use the parts off my d series engine like the thermostat and the switch? Need help asap if anyone knows anything let me know thanks in advance.
[post=559242]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quot

please give me instuctions on how to bleed correctly thanks in advance

You need to bleed it with the engine running - and the heat on. You can do some of it with the radiator cap off - just run it until it starts bubbling over. I assume the thermostat and thermoswitch would be interchangable.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 23 2005, 11:30 AM
You need to bleed it with the engine running - and the heat on. You can do some of it with the radiator cap off - just run it until it starts bubbling over. I assume the thermostat and thermoswitch would be interchangable.
[post=559261]Quoted post[/post]​

hey thanks for helping me out, so pretty much have the car running with the radiator cap off, wait till it bubbles and bleed it? how do i know when to stop? thermo and thermo switched worked fine before i switched the lower hose can that mess it up? how do i know when to stop bleeding it? get back thanks man

Did the thermostat go all the way up to the red? If it did you want to replace the thermostat, and I replaced the water pump, but I dont think you gotta do that.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Sep 23 2005, 01:51 PM
Did the thermostat go all the way up to the red? If it did you want to replace the thermostat, and I replaced the water pump, but I dont think you gotta do that.
[post=559392]Quoted post[/post]​

No its hasnt, the higher it goes the faster i pull over or put in in neutral, im pretty sure my thermostat still works, I opened up the bleeder screw and nothing came out untill it got to the right temp. Fan is not kicking dont know why. And im pretty sure i got and air pocket somewhere in the system. I need to know how to get the air pocket out completely and the fan running again. My waterpump seems to be ok to, the upper radiator hose gets really hot when i turn the car on.

Back