cooling temp sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i still trying to find out what is worng with my b16 in my crx. i have relpaced the spark plugs but its still runs a little funny and now only goes up to 70 now. i remeber that i need to take a look at my ecu to see if it was flashing a code and it was giving code 6. i think it has to do with the cooling temp sensor but im not sure..if that is the problem how do i fix it and what all dose it do. could that be one of the reason my car only goes 70?

I had to replace the engine coolant temp sensor in my car. when mine was bad I had a pretty rough idle and a few other things seemed weird (cant remember what they were) but once I replaced it my car ran a whole lot better and stopped doing all the weird shit it was doing. It looks like a O2 sensor in a way but it's not. It's easy to replace. and only takes a few minutes if you are able to get a socket on it. Mine was a pain in the ass because it was hard to get a socket where it was but I managed..Change it out and you should notice a big difference. There not very expensive either

Back