cop forums....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 9 2005, 08:54 AM
My best friend is a cop in Hartford, CT....Though in hartford....Cops don't care about imports with exhaust...or some asshat not totaly stopping at a stop sign..they barely do any traffic monitoring..because they are busy with violent crimes and drug crimes...You guys need to understand that these people are risking their lives everyday to put away the bad guys..for shit pay.... Brian makes more sitting at a computer....then most street officers do...The average Salary for a Hartford Cop is $34000-$38000 And they are getting shot at on a daily basis, and are dealing with violent crimals....He lets me listen to calls from the dispatcher of the shit he has to go through on a daily basis....You guys would not believe half the shit that goes on in 1 shift....
[post=458486]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah cops dont get paid shit but its just like the military you know what your in for when you sign up.

So Don't bitch if you have an exaust system that exceeds the limit...and an Officer gives you a ticket....its your own dam fault....There is a reason for the law just like everyting else....I get pulled over as well just for having a corvette with chrome rims and exhaust....But i don't bitch about it...I've gotten pulled over 6 times in 2.5 years since i had my Vette, got 1 weak speeding ticket for 70 bucks..the rest where just random pull overs....Im gonna expect thatm, drving a car like that, and you should do when you have a modified car

Hey Blame , Fast and Furious if anything....

But seriously... don't bitch about cops, without them, this world would be a god dam mess....
[post=458486]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont bitch about a bogus ticket and expect to be pulled over for driving a modified car? WTF! At least where I live as long as it passes emissions you can do nearly whatever you want to the car, but that does not stop the cops from profiling and pulling people over based on the car they are driving and giving bogus tickets. For example NM has a very vauge law about modified exausts. I was driving home from work and stopped at a red light when a cop drives through the turning lane around five cars behind me and gets behind me to pull me over. The bastard then tells me that I have a modified exaust and that he is giving me a ticket just because it is not stock. I complied with his requests and kept my mouth shut and still got a ticket. I went and looked at the law and it said nothing about a modified exaust being illegal just something about and abnormally loud exhaust being illegal. I took the ticket to court and the judge laughed at the ticket and said it was a joke. I still had to waste my time going to fight this ticket that some eog filled cop decided to give me cause krispy kreme was out of his favorite donut. I know if I would have been in my 50s driving a brand new vette, porche.... I wouldnt have been pulled over. I could go on forever about other incidents that have happened to me for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time with cops and the way the dick people around no matter how well you treat them even if you are doing nothing wrong. There may be a few good cops out there but most are'nt.

Back