Cop popped my hood today...HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

everyone already told you how to fix the shit you got into so i'm going to let all the Cali heads out here know if you don't know:

"YOU DO NOT NEED TO POP YOUR HOOD!!!!"

If a cop asked you to suck his dick are you gonna do it? I hope not. You don't need to say anything either. Cops ask me all the time what I have done to the car. I just sit there. Yeah they get pissed off but there's no way they can twist your words like they always do. There's other people on here who know more about the hood popping thing so maybe they can clearify. I know they can't unlock anything in your car that has a lock on it but since your hood has a latch, they can pull the latch themselves but for some reason cops don't or they don't know they can. If they ask you simple questions go ahead and answer but if they ask you anything to where it'll get you in trouble, keep your mouth shut.

Also, your in Cali as am I, there's hook-ups out there, even for state refs :ph34r: :D

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 7 2005, 08:15 PM-->
@Jun 7 2005, 10:01 PM
As far as insurance, i just bought the car and my current insruance expired 6/1.  But before it expired i had already applied for insurance somewhere else.  Called the insurance company and they said I have been covered since then for both cars so im cool.  The judge should be ok with me providing the paperwork.

I do think the bald tires violation is bullshit and it seemed like the cop was tryna get me for everything he could.  Just being a dickhead fucken cop because he was bored that day.  My exhaust wasnt even loud and i never revved past 3000 on that street.

thing i dont get is the cop checked "uncorrectable" next to the exhaust, intake, and insruance violations.  Im just gonna contact the court for bail info, fight the no insurance violation, and have my tires inspected by chp. We'll see how it goes.  If I do have to see the state ref i guess im fucked.
[post=509397]Quoted post[/post]​

Just make sure everything is smog approved and you should be fine.

And if you have a fart can exhaust, get a silencer for fucks sakes because its 1) gay and 2) annoying
[post=509403]Quoted post[/post]​

Im not worried about him doing a db test and ill switch out the intake to a stock. What im worried about is he'll see the b16swap, fpr, cam gears, header, etc and make me go back to bone stock.

Umm actually sir, the hood is not a locked compartment of the car, so if the cop says he wants to see under it and you say no. He then asks you to get out of the vehicle, and does it for you.

^^Umm actually sir, did you even read my post?^^

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jun 7 2005, 10:38 PM
There's other people on here who know more about the hood popping thing so maybe they can clearify. I know they can't unlock anything in your car that has a lock on it but since your hood has a latch, they can pull the latch themselves but for some reason cops don't or they don't know they can.
[post=509413]Quoted post[/post]​

So Im planning on switching out the intake, exhaust, header, fpr, and im gonna just get an uncut valver cover to hide the cam gears. Anything else I need to do? Heres a pic of the engine bay

honda59we.jpg

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jun 8 2005, 12:34 AM-->
^^Umm actually sir, did you even read my post?^^

B16RacerN2NR
@Jun 7 2005, 10:38 PM
There's other people on here who know more about the hood popping thing so maybe they can clearify.  I know they can't unlock anything in your car that has a lock on it but since your hood has a latch, they can pull the latch themselves but for some reason cops don't or they don't know they can.
[post=509413]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=509492]Quoted post[/post]​

actually thats a good point right there- IF cops can't unlock any locked compartment, anybody ever think of putting a lock cylinder in place of the stock lever for a hood release? :)
beat them fuckers with their own bullshit

two lock cylinders on the front corner of the hood...

might not look pretty but it'll protect you in more ways than one...

Originally posted by BigBoy@Jun 9 2005, 12:07 AM
So Im planning on switching out the intake, exhaust, header, fpr, and im gonna just get an uncut valver cover to hide the cam gears. Anything else I need to do? Heres a pic of the engine bay

honda59we.jpg

[post=510009]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a very nice looking engine bay there. Lots of work and money have been spent, I guess.

Why do people drive without insurance? Doing so can be much costlier than paying for insurance every month. An uninsured friend of mine came out of a parking lot, t-boned a new SUV, which rolled over. Bill: Almost $40K. It would have been much, much cheaper to pay $120/month. That's 26 years worth of insurance payments, my friends. And with bald tires, an accident is just a poodle away. Then there's that small detail of criminal charges if someone gets hurt due to your negligent conduct. Yes, bald tires are negligent conduct. Yesterday I saw a nice 96 or newer Civic totalled by a semi in the freeway. Nice rims, exhaust work, some coil-overs. Nobody hurt, luckily. He was racing another stock Civic, and lost control, got hit by the semi. Owning and operating a car is a great responsability that many take too lightly. My $0.02.

I thought the rule in cali was that the engine had to be the same year are newer.I dont live in cali so i dont know the exat rules. Ive just hered that the engine had to be the same year or newer. Does the car pass emmisions???? If it does then why worry about the state ref???? Driving with out INSURANCE is not kool. But in your case it was just the paper work messed up. Looks like a 88-91 civic ??? with a B16a2???? Cali is bullshit on emmisions!!!!! But go to the mountains in cali and look down and youll see why.

let me know what happens and good luck man.

ya boy steveo

[/quote]
actually thats a good point right there- IF cops can't unlock any locked compartment, anybody ever think of putting a lock cylinder in place of the stock lever for a hood release? :)
beat them fuckers with their own bullshit
[post=510149]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

if you have hood pins you can put locks on there, like little key locks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2005, 01:02 PM
driving with no insurance?

i hope you get fucked and have to part out your car.  FUCK YOU.
[post=509074]Quoted post[/post]​

let me just add some of these... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this will work wonders for your situation. move out of cali... somewhere like back-woods Mississippi, paint your car orange, with a rebel flag on top and 01 on the side ( dont forget the turbine style wheels) be-friend an old guy...probally by the name of Roscoe... and he'll be able to tell you how to beat those tickets.

LOL, SiLude, calm down dude...driving without insurance documentation and without insurance are two different things. He said earlier hes gonna get it dropped because he didnt have the paperwork on him.

Back