Cop video of the day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Crazy vid. Guess you dont have to get out of your car, even if they tell you otherwise.

YouTube - Police threaten to KILL Pastor over License Plate Light being Burned Out

Code:
sanderson1611 | October 07, 2010
The main action of the video is between minutes 0:00-4:00 and 10:50-15:35. The death threat is found around 2:10-2:30.

Overkill for a burned-out license plate light? (no pun intended)

The officer who pulled me over is Officer Merrill - Badge #132 

Benson Police Department 
360 South Gila Street
Benson, Arizona 85602
(520) 586-2211 

www.faithfulwordbaptist.org 

This incident took place on 10/6/10.

The song at the end of the video is "Poor Wayfaring Stranger."

I'm only 50 seconds into the video, but I'd be willing to bet whatever ended up happening could have been prevented by that guy just not being a fucking jackass.

The cop asked where he was headed, and that spun that fucking idiot onto his whole 'I have the right to remain silent, I'm afraid you're going to attack me' tangent. What a fucking moron.

If he woulda just shut the fuck up and NOT acted like a moron, he woulda more than likely just got a fix-it ticket for the license plate light.

What a fucking idiot. He's the EXACT reason why cops are always on edge.

I don't like cops by ANY means, but there's a difference between an officer being a douchebag and roughing up a completely innocent citizen, and some fucking jackass provoking an officer to the point of whatever happens later in the video.

Last edited:
I'm only 50 seconds into the video, but I'd be willing to bet whatever ended up happening could have been prevented by that guy just not being a fucking jackass.

The cop asked where he was headed, and that spun that fucking idiot onto his whole 'I have the right to remain silent, I'm afraid you're going to attack me' tangent. What a fucking moron.

If he woulda just shut the fuck up and NOT acted like a moron, he woulda more than likely just got a fix-it ticket for the license plate light.

What a fucking idiot. He's the EXACT reason why cops are always on edge.

I don't like cops by ANY means, but there's a difference between an officer being a douchebag and roughing up a completely innocent citizen, and some fucking jackass provoking an officer to the point of whatever happens later in the video.

I second that. WOW

Watch 10:50-15:35 and tell me what happens.

For acting like such a hardass in the beginning, the driver sure bitched out quick when he saw the baton

He was a tad confrontational, he should have remained more calm, but the officers were out of line to threaten him like that.

Dont mis-understand. I do agree with everyone here that the driver was a bit obnoxious when the cops showed up at his window. No cop is ever going to appreciate statements like, "zomg dont taze me bro i kno mah rights", in response to him merely asking where you are going.

However, the thing i got the most out of was how the cops threatened to get dogs and tried to convince the passengers to step out of the vehicle when they didnt have the authority to do so. I saw a video on the ACLU website that said cops usually would try stuff like this to enter your home, car, or to search you with no warrant.

This was an informative vid so I posted it.

ut of was how the cops threatened to get dogs and tried to convince the passengers to step out of the vehicle when they didnt have the authority to do so. I saw a video on the ACLU website that said cops usually would try stuff like this to enter your home, car, or to search you with no warrant.

This was an informative vid so I posted it.

Exactly, the fact that police are trained to use tactics that skirt the law and in some cases outright violate it, is outrageous. After the passengers declined to provide identification, the police should have backed off instead of pressing the issue. And asking an upset motorist to step out of the vehicle when he doesn't want to is NOT going to help the situation. Instead of trying to escalate the situation, they should have remained professional in spite of the driver's behavior.

and do you suppose they should have approached it?

officer: ohh you're right they don't have to present ID. nevermind guys i'm sorry.
ohh you don't want to answer questions either? ok no problem
no stepping out either huh. ok well i guess you guys should go on your merry way!

not happening. if you have nothing to fear, let them do their job and they will be on their merry way. If you act like a dick and don't want to cooperate then that is probable cause that you are possibly hiding something.

the 'tactic' he used was smart. call it fake or real either way it's for his safety to make sure (ONCE AGAIN) that they truly aren't carrying anything illegal or dangerous. I think they went above and beyond professional in keeping their cool. Other cops would have whipped the taser or baton and ripped that door open.

if they were black and ghetto I'm willing to bet some of you guys would be all over this about how they deserved it.

black or white you obey the law and do as asked. nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
just my .02

If you act like a dick and don't want to cooperate then that is probable cause that you are possibly hiding something.

No, it's not probable cause for anything.

black or white you obey the law and do as asked. nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

BS. Just because you don't have anything to hide doesn't mean it's ok to have your rights violated.

and do you suppose they should have approached it?

officer: ohh you're right they don't have to present ID. nevermind guys i'm sorry.
ohh you don't want to answer questions either? ok no problem
no stepping out either huh. ok well i guess you guys should go on your merry way!

not happening. if you have nothing to fear, let them do their job and they will be on their merry way. If you act like a dick and don't want to cooperate then that is probable cause that you are possibly hiding something.

the 'tactic' he used was smart. call it fake or real either way it's for his safety to make sure (ONCE AGAIN) that they truly aren't carrying anything illegal or dangerous. I think they went above and beyond professional in keeping their cool. Other cops would have whipped the taser or baton and ripped that door open.

if they were black and ghetto I'm willing to bet some of you guys would be all over this about how they deserved it.

just my .02
They gave no indication that they were doing anything illegal. They were pulled over for a license plate light. If in the course of dealing with the driver, the cop doesn't find any probable cause, he should write them the ticket and send them on their way. The fact that the passengers did not wish to produce identification is not probable cause for anything, there is no law that says you have to have ID to ride in a car as a passenger. There is also no law that states you must identify yourself to an officer when you are not under arrest. Just because 99% of the population chooses not to exercise their rights, doesn't mean the police get to take that right away from the 1% who actually care.

The police are the enforcers of the law, and should be held to the highest standard of actually following it to the letter.

Whether or not the cops were in the wrong the guy brought the problems on himself.

At this point we all should know that, even though it isnt right, some officers will abuse their power. Im sure you have to have a superiority complex to even be one.

So why disrespect them? it may be against the law for them to do anything to you, But laws never stop criminals from committing crimes.

Whether or not the cops were in the wrong the guy brought the problems on himself.

At this point we all should know that, even though it isnt right, some officers will abuse their power. Im sure you have to have a superiority complex to even be one.

So why disrespect them? it may be against the law for them to do anything to you, But laws never stop criminals from committing crimes.
So you're saying it's acceptable for the police to abuse their power based on the attitudes of the people they deal with? At this point we should expect officers to be corrupt?

Some of the opinions in this thread make me want to taze people and hit them with a baton. :ph34r:

I tried to make a point of saying its not right.

But beneath the badge is an human with emotions. if you purposely provoke someone they act out of emotion. It just so happens cops have guns, batons, tazers, and this idea that they have power over civilians.

pissed off + and Idea of power usually doesn't spell anything good for you.

the cop should lose his job and he should be help at a higher level of accountability for his actions. But I also think that if the guy had just said "Im headed home" and if his friends had just given them their IDs, I dont think he would have even gotten a ticket and be sent on his way 5 minutes later

--

I have been pulled over many time for bullshit reasons. But I respected the position they were in and i respected the fact they could cause problems and answered them politely and honestly, even though my rights clearly say i dont have to. in 4 years driving with being pulled over 30+ times i have one ticket. every other time they simply sent me on my way.

Last edited:
I tried to make a point of saying its not right.

But beneath the badge is an human with emotions. if you purposely provoke someone they act out of emotion. It just so happens cops have guns, batons, tazers, and this idea that they have power over civilians.

pissed off + and Idea of power usually doesn't spell anything good for you.

the cop should lose his job and he should be help at a higher level of accountability for his actions. But I also think that if the guy had just said "Im headed home" and if his friends had just given them their IDs, I dont think he would have even gotten a ticket and be sent on his way 5 minutes later

Elephant foot door...

It's true that we accept our rights as automatically violated if we get into an encounter with the police, but I believe that some common courtesy should prevail on both sides. If an officer asks me if I have a weapon in my car, I will answer him. Period. That motherfucker has one, and I want him to know that I'm going to be compliant with information that pertains to his safety as well as mine. I also will not question it if an officer asks me to step out of the car, again, I don't want him to get nervous about my actions. If he asks to search my car, that is a little personal to me, and I will respectfully decline. He can walk his dog around all he wants, and if he finds probable cause, then I will not argue. I respect police for the fact that they stand up to the possibility that the next person they pull over might blast them in the face at their next traffic stop. I couldn't imagine being this big of an asshole to anyone, and I honestly really wanted to whack these guys in the face with a Billy and I wasn't even there. I understand that we shouldn't roll over and let our rights be violated, but I feel that by making a police officer uncomfortable the "Pastor" is endangering himself and all others. I know that if I were that officer, if I was making a stop, and someone wouldn't tell me if they had weapons in the vehicle, I'd point my gun right behind their eyes, tell everybody to get their fucking hands on the ceiling, and climb one by one out of the car and don't make any sudden movements unless you want your brains spattered across this freeway. And as a second, obviously this "victim" is some pussy ass piece of shit that hides behind his title. I don't openly flaunt that I am a bus driver, and expect some kind of pity that I was "abused" by a police officer. "He threatened to kill a BUS DRIVER!!!" Fuck you, I don't give a shit if you're a christian, a buddist, a priest, a steel worker, Jesus Christ in the flesh, if you act like this, I'm gonna have a really hard time trusting you and am probably gonna threaten you.

On a side note, I saw a video on TV where a car was pulled over in a chase and the officers saw a gun on the floor, told the guys to put their hands on the roof or you're gonna get shot. Then told his partner on the other side of the car "OK go ahead and grab it" one of the passengers reaches for the gun, the cop unloads. This was a lack of communication by the police officer. I know it's fucking retarded for a cop to ask a person in a car to grab a gun, but when you have a loaded weapon pointed in your face your thoughts are a little scrambled, and I felt that this was something that could have been prevented by the officer.

Just because 99% of the population chooses not to exercise their rights, doesn't mean the police get to take that right away from the 1% who actually care.

It's not the fact that the guy tried to exercise his 'rights'....it's how he went about doing it.

wrong-mike.jpg

YouTube - Randomly Stopped and Searched for WMD's in North Texas!

YouTube - ACTUAL FOOTAGE Pastor Beaten Tased by Border Patrol DPS (Alex Jones) GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME

Seems like this is some kind of hobby.

Here are some other cute clips from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIW27p4BI_g&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WvCHcGQiGM

------------------

This guy is not exercising his rights, he is being as belligerent as possible in the hopes of baiting law enforcement to overreact. Hell for all we know the busted the light and decided to drive around for hours on end in the wee hours of the morning hoping to be pulled over so he could post his video on YouTube and bitch and complain about the abuses of the police state. In my opinion their is nothing to discuss about this video. This isn't a matter of simple citizen being harassed by law enforcement like the guy on the bike a few weeks ago. Its the crazy ramblings of a possibly mentally deranged individual trying to force a situation that would have other wise not occurred.

Last edited:
Back