coplete d15b2 rebuild?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cjernign

i am new at rebuilding motors,but thought id give it a try. i have ad15b2 motor. i had the block cleaned and the cyl walls honed. i had a valve job done on the head and it also cleaned. i have a complete rebuild kit with all bearings rings gaskets ect. ihave also purchased lubriplate no.105 motor assembly grease.

my questions are; is there a certain way to reinstall the bearings or do i just lub them up and slide them in the way they slid out?also on installing the piston rings im not sure if i need a special tool or if its self explanitory. im pretty confident in putting the head back together other than the valveguide seals. i heard that u just lightly tap them with a hammer,but i dont liike that idea. they look pretty fragile.any help would be great, and if someone thinks i overlooked something dont hessitate to point it out to me. thanks again

PS. Im just rebuilding it back to stock to get practice. there are no prefomance parts if that helps

Well do you have any sort of service manual, so that you have all the torque specs and diagrams readily available and if so which one, as some are better then others.

Back