Cops ans speeding ticket ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys im looking for a good solid opnion on something. Tonight on my way home I was in my car well i get pulled over for 73 in a 45 so he says. My big question is dont they have to show you there radar if you ask them to see it cuz after i was handed the ticket i ask to see and he said i dont have to if i dont want to. By the way I live in indiana and and i will lose my liscense since it is more than 25 over. I Need lots of advice my last ticket was 2 years ago and other than that i have a good record what do you think my chances are on this. Thanks Every one

contest it. pleasding guilty = auto licese removal. fight it anyway, even if you dont think you have a chance

yea i guess my broke butt will need to get a lawyer but does any one know if they are required to show you there radar or not

fight it
ALWAYS fight tickets
ALWAYS
ALWAYS
ALWAYS fight tickets

it will most likely get lowered to a lesser speed and lower fine
even if it doesnt.... at least you went out fighting instead of cowering in the corner

ok so do you guys think that im going to need to get a lawyer or is that not going to help on somthing like a speeding ticket

you dont need a lawyer. tell the judge that you had diariaha(sp?) and were very sick, just trying to get home. you have a pretty clean record otherwise, you know speeding is wrong and yadda yadda yadda, you are very sorry, and are willing to pay a fine, but you would like a reduced charge. maybe they will give ya parking on pavement or something.

i doubt the diariaha speal will work but i will have to think of somthing to try at and this is my liscense where talking about here and i have to have it to work so i could be screwed

worked for me dude--throw in the shit about work too. trust me, ive had more tickets than anyone i know. and i still have my license.

I'm with them, no lawyer, just tell them you felt ill, point out your clean record... I have never gone to court and not had it lowered. It all depends on the judge and how he feels that day however, because I went with my gf once and they wouldn't lower it for her, and the cop clocked the wrong car, the judge didnt want any part of it though. And she is just this cute innocent girl.

If you recognize the cop there talk to him first and see if you can work something out. If he proceeds to be a dick, see what the judge will do. A lot of judges hate cops, so you might get lucky. Plus sometimes the cop doesnt show, then you win.

i never really gave them a story
usually just went into court and when they called me up to talk to the DA i said "not guilty"
sometimes they would just drop it ... some times they would ask for an explanation ... i generally gave it to them straight (little to no BS) but made it sound as good as possible and took my chances
if it didnt get dropped it always got lowered

look respectable when you go in there.... speak well.... have some confidence.... dont be too cocky....

definatly work the "clean record" into the mix though

i dont know about showing the gun thing but i know in independence missouri if you get pulled over and the officer asks you to step out of the vehicle and you mess yourself the city has to pay you a sum of money for "public embarrassment"

as for the cop requiring that he show you his radar.. i bleive that is covered under "officer's discretion"...in other words, he can give you a ticket just because he THOUGHT you were speeding...so he doesnt have to show anyone jack shit :bash:

SIS works, Im 17 and I have 53 in a 40, rear ended someone, 92 in a 60 a CNI and Violation of Intermediate liscence, the only thing that will be in my record is the violation of intermediate liscence. My 53 in a 40 got written off as an equipment failure, i dunno ask my lawyer, the accident was put on SIS for 6 months, (that was over a year ago). Now i think my 92 in a 60 will be put in SIS again, and my lawyer told me not to worry about the CNI... so ya.. get a good lawyer, or move to missouri. oh and btw ive had no points off my record.

try 95 in a 30 while "participating in an unlawful contest of speed"
"operating in violation of restrictions" bc i was driving after 9pm when i was 16 which is illegal in NY. a few equipment violations, and a noise violation, which is not only a traffic offense but a misdameanor. all in one shot. no lawyer, took it to court, pleaded guilty to the two equipment violations, and the judge gave me the max fine for both. everything else was dropped.

ok guys im looking for some good pointers for court like what to wear and things to say and the normal yada yada yada

wear a shirt and tie, and when bargaining - insist that you are sorry and that it was a one time thing . Don't deny it happened though, they will just think your bullshit. Also, I wouldn't try to make an excuse. They have heard most every excuse by now, and are generally unsympathetic.

Back