1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cops tase and beat mentally handicapped minor

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by invisibledemon, Jul 1, 2011.

1. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

Maybe one of our ohio guys can give more details, but apparently speaking to a cop with a speech impediment can be taken as disrespect?

Courthouse News Service

im sure there are some details missing here, but if this story cuts close to what actually happened, then what the fuck?

20 cops for one kid? really? what a bunch of overzealous pussies. especially a kid that was only saying "please quit"

if, what this report states is true, then obviously this department needs a huge internal affairs intervention.

2. Hondadude141

Hondadude141 ¿pɐǝɥ ɹn ɥʇıʍ uıop nɥɔʇɐʍ

This is the first thing I thought of for some reason...

[​IMG]

3. invisibledemon

4. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

That's just fantastic news. Ill be trying to keep my eye on this story methinks.

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

How many officers does it take to take down a mentally handicapped 17 year old? 20 apparently.. Is this kid the size of an NFL line backer or something?

6. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

7. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

As the saying goes - who tells the cops they can't do something? Oh, wait - nobody.

8. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

9. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

Anyone know to requirements to become a local "peace" officer? I know for a CA state trooper, its a BA/BS in whatever, but I recall only a HS diploma for anything under that. If that's true, they should make it at least an AA and require an aptitude test.

My village, Redding, CA has habitual problems with excessive force. Quiet a few times they have been successfully sued, including once by one of my friends. Just last year, 6 cops fired over 50 rounds at a minor for attempted bank robbery with a bb gun. He was fleeing and did an incredibly stupid move my grabbing his bb gun to throw down and surrender, so the cops got trigger happy. Reports indicted they were trying to go for the "head shot."

10. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Education requirments may help a little but what would help the most is mental health screening. Someone with a HS diploma can still be more well adjusted than someone with a masters.

as for the BB gun incident. Well if it looks like a gun you assume its a gun. And of course they where "going for a head shot". The kid was an idiot for even robbing a bank. And even more stupid because almost died over a BB gun.

11. mikey bottles

mikey bottles Prof. Bottles

this makes me sick, especially when i know of so many cops in my area (mostly the younger ones) with that, "i answer to noone, and nothing, and can do anything with this badge" attitude, someone needs to put these people in check

12. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I read this a few days ago, and while it sounds terrible on the surface if true, I just can't help but think there is just a little more to the story than the mother is telling. I've seen plenty of family members exclaiming that little Jimmy was a great person, and had such a bright future, leaving out the part that little Jimmy was killed be a homeowner, during a crack fueled home invasion while raping the home owners wife and beating his kids to death.

Now I am not saying this kid did anything wrong at all, I'd just like to hear the other side of the story. Most times I don't really care for the cops side of things, but this one just seems a little extreme.

13. invisibledemon

and they were supposed to know that it was a bb gun? honestly, it sounds like the kid should have just been shot. talk about stupid.
    if you are going to do a stupid thing, make sure you at least have the correct tools. fucking idiot.

werd. like i said, if this is even half true, its ridiculous.

14. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Like everyone else has said, I would have gone for the head shot too. Dumb ass kid.

15. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:concur:

dont bring a BB gun to a gun fight

16. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

"In 100% of fake-gun related deaths, the victim is always the one with the fake gun"

17. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

I dont wanna sound like I'm being a jerk, but anyone been to dayton before? Makes Oakland look like fucking disney land. Still out of line, just food for thought.

18. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

Ok I've beenn waiting for someone else to say but no one has.....everyone is neglecting the fact that the kid has retard strength! That shits for real

19. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

20. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Sounds excessive. I picture it in my head like Preston Lacey chasing Wee-man around downtown Dayton. lol

Oh, and Dayton really isn't that bad. I've got family down there and was even driving through the "ghetto" part of town last weekend. Its got its shitty parts just like every big city, but I'd take it over Oakland ANY day.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted