cops tase and beat mentally handicapped minor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
Maybe one of our ohio guys can give more details, but apparently speaking to a cop with a speech impediment can be taken as disrespect?

Courthouse News Service

im sure there are some details missing here, but if this story cuts close to what actually happened, then what the fuck?

20 cops for one kid? really? what a bunch of overzealous pussies. especially a kid that was only saying "please quit"

if, what this report states is true, then obviously this department needs a huge internal affairs intervention.

This is the first thing I thought of for some reason...

timmy.jpg

That's just fantastic news. Ill be trying to keep my eye on this story methinks.

How many officers does it take to take down a mentally handicapped 17 year old? 20 apparently.. Is this kid the size of an NFL line backer or something?

As the saying goes - who tells the cops they can't do something? Oh, wait - nobody.

Anyone know to requirements to become a local "peace" officer? I know for a CA state trooper, its a BA/BS in whatever, but I recall only a HS diploma for anything under that. If that's true, they should make it at least an AA and require an aptitude test.

My village, Redding, CA has habitual problems with excessive force. Quiet a few times they have been successfully sued, including once by one of my friends. Just last year, 6 cops fired over 50 rounds at a minor for attempted bank robbery with a bb gun. He was fleeing and did an incredibly stupid move my grabbing his bb gun to throw down and surrender, so the cops got trigger happy. Reports indicted they were trying to go for the "head shot."

Education requirments may help a little but what would help the most is mental health screening. Someone with a HS diploma can still be more well adjusted than someone with a masters.

as for the BB gun incident. Well if it looks like a gun you assume its a gun. And of course they where "going for a head shot". The kid was an idiot for even robbing a bank. And even more stupid because almost died over a BB gun.

this makes me sick, especially when i know of so many cops in my area (mostly the younger ones) with that, "i answer to noone, and nothing, and can do anything with this badge" attitude, someone needs to put these people in check

I read this a few days ago, and while it sounds terrible on the surface if true, I just can't help but think there is just a little more to the story than the mother is telling. I've seen plenty of family members exclaiming that little Jimmy was a great person, and had such a bright future, leaving out the part that little Jimmy was killed be a homeowner, during a crack fueled home invasion while raping the home owners wife and beating his kids to death.

Now I am not saying this kid did anything wrong at all, I'd just like to hear the other side of the story. Most times I don't really care for the cops side of things, but this one just seems a little extreme.

My village, Redding, CA has habitual problems with excessive force. Quiet a few times they have been successfully sued, including once by one of my friends. Just last year, 6 cops fired over 50 rounds at a minor for attempted bank robbery with a bb gun. He was fleeing and did an incredibly stupid move my grabbing his bb gun to throw down and surrender, so the cops got trigger happy. Reports indicted they were trying to go for the "head shot."

and they were supposed to know that it was a bb gun? honestly, it sounds like the kid should have just been shot. talk about stupid.
if you are going to do a stupid thing, make sure you at least have the correct tools. fucking idiot.

I read this a few days ago, and while it sounds terrible on the surface if true, I just can't help but think there is just a little more to the story than the mother is telling. I've seen plenty of family members exclaiming that little Jimmy was a great person, and had such a bright future, leaving out the part that little Jimmy was killed be a homeowner, during a crack fueled home invasion while raping the home owners wife and beating his kids to death.

Now I am not saying this kid did anything wrong at all, I'd just like to hear the other side of the story. Most times I don't really care for the cops side of things, but this one just seems a little extreme.

werd. like i said, if this is even half true, its ridiculous.

Anyone know to requirements to become a local "peace" officer? I know for a CA state trooper, its a BA/BS in whatever, but I recall only a HS diploma for anything under that. If that's true, they should make it at least an AA and require an aptitude test.

Like everyone else has said, I would have gone for the head shot too. Dumb ass kid.

"In 100% of fake-gun related deaths, the victim is always the one with the fake gun"

I dont wanna sound like I'm being a jerk, but anyone been to dayton before? Makes Oakland look like fucking disney land. Still out of line, just food for thought.

Ok I've beenn waiting for someone else to say but no one has.....everyone is neglecting the fact that the kid has retard strength! That shits for real

Sounds excessive. I picture it in my head like Preston Lacey chasing Wee-man around downtown Dayton. lol

Oh, and Dayton really isn't that bad. I've got family down there and was even driving through the "ghetto" part of town last weekend. Its got its shitty parts just like every big city, but I'd take it over Oakland ANY day.

Back