corner balance w/ rear coil-over only?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahedau

Here's the deal..

I'm building my 92 VX to auto-x. I have a set of KYB AGX on the rear w/ Ground Control coil-overs. I haven't done anything to the front yet.

I have talked to some of the guys at the "track" that are running stock shocks/springs up front and like it that way. I'd like to be able to corner blance the car. They swear you can do that w/ just the rear coil overs beacuse the way the weight is affected diagonally. However no one has shown proof.

These guys run okay but I'd like to eventually be able to compete with them. If improving the front of my car will help give me a noticable advantage, I'll take it.

Anyone done this or got a clue?

They can corner balance the car SOMEWHAT by stacking washers on the pillow mount bolts before putting the shock in it's position.

Basically, pull the shock and spring off the car, and add washers to the bolts on the top of the strut, then reinstall to effectively raise that corner of the car slightly. This will allow tiny amounts of corner balance to be achieved.

Enjoy.

like he said
it can be "sorta" done ... but to get a true corner balance you really need to have all 4 adjustable

Back