Corner Weighted the S2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
All about cross weighting / corner weighting: Understanding Corner Weights: Grassroots Motorsports Magazine Articles

Getting up on the scales:

s2k_corner_wt_800_01.jpg

Starting weights, not too shabby- no spare tire, no driver:

s2k_corner_wt_800_02.jpg

Starting weights, me in the driver's seat:

s2k_corner_wt_800_03.jpg

Done with half a tank of gas:

s2k_corner_wt_800_04.jpg

Got really damn lucky- ran the front springs up 7 turns on the driver's side and 8 turns up on the passenger side, rear passenger up 6 turns; nailed the cross weights down to the pound:

s2k_corner_wt_800_05.jpg

Front 49.4%, rear 50.6%:

s2k_corner_wt_800_06.jpg

And just for argument's sake after juggling a few things around while packing up- the weight distribution with the top down (first pic) and the top up (second pic):

s2k_corner_wt_800_11.jpg

s2k_corner_wt_800_12.jpg

Looks like putting the top up moves shifts 10 pounds from the rear to the front, giving a 0.3% weight shift forward.

Fun stuff. Have you tested it yet driving? I've done this on both racing karts, never to a car though.

Looks like the strike may be resolved.

Nice looking ride. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted to try doing this to my car just to see how bad my weight distribution is...

Fun stuff. Have you tested it yet driving? I've done this on both racing karts, never to a car though.

Looks like the strike may be resolved.

Nice looking ride. :thumbsup:

1. Not yet- have to re-align after messing with the ride heights.

2. Time to catch up on the news...

3. Thanks! Haven't washed it in a few years. ;)

I've always wanted to try doing this to my car just to see how bad my weight distribution is...

Go for it!

There's nothing adjustable on the Civic I have now :)

Back