Correct ECU?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jowilson275

91' Si B16A
I have a 91 CRX Si with a JDM B16 and it has a pw0. Ive been told this is the wrong ecu. I know the fuel maps are wrong. Im burning rich as hell. Im assuming its obd0. what do i need to do to install the correct ecu? thanks

the only shop that handles ecu tuning that is around me is like two hours away and they had told me they'd sell me a p28 and chip it. but then i'd have to buy the harness, ecu, dyno time, labor.... $600.00 later.. yeah right. so, eg6sir, would the pr3 just plug straight up? also, my timing is retarded, would a timing light determine how much it is retarded?

and it would just be stock base maps i presume. what is your opinion on these "performance" chips they have on ebay that shift rev limit and vtec engagement?

cheapy ebay performance chips are garbage.

curious though eg6sir why you're telling him to get a pr3. both the pr3 and pw0 run the b16 so why would a pr3 ecu change anything?

my chipped pw0 has the wrong fuel maps. the ass end on my crx gets dirty quick

every where i am searching online i am reading that pw0 and pr3 will run it. is the excessive shit im burning off more than just me running rich? could i be burning oil as well? if so, what could be the cause and what could i do to fix it? any help would be appreciated thanks

I say its worth a shot waiting and bidding on the ECU eg6sir pasted for you.

Or if your ecu/chip has a socket.......maybe you can just have someone dyno tune it

From what I know....Burning black smoke...running rich means shit fuel/air ratio and gas mileage

yeah i have an autometer wideband o2 and its telling me im burning rich. i guess ill just pick up the pr3 eg6sir found for me. its cheap. why the hell not, right? i just wont have the 4800 vtec and 9000 rev. the black smoke isnt bad till vtec. and the closest dyno to me is in kansas city and its like two hours away from me in manhattan, ks.

Well....get the ECU for now and make a trip later to throw the other ecu in with a tune

only when im in a hurry. lol. she's never given me guff about it.

did some research on these ebay chips. some of them reportedly shift fuel maps. starting to think thats what was done to mine. im gonna crack her open and find out.

if ur ecu is dumping a bunch of fuel, most likely has an ebay chip

Back