corvette boat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

this thread is a few days old so hopefully it isn't a repost but I just saw this on a local forum and thought I'd share

floating corvette thread

flame on if it's a repost

later

Corvette= :owned: by the water
Driver = Moron

He can kiss his 40k plus goodbye. I doubt his insurance will cover that.

yeah,
I do alot of boating myself and I've seen it a couple times where someones boat is just so damn big that it starts pulling the tow vehicle into the lake.... but who the hell uses a vette to to anything?

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 23 2003, 01:49 PM
I doubt his insurance will cover that.

I think insurance works for stupid people too. :roll:

Originally posted by seanjuan@Sep 23 2003, 06:50 PM
yeah,
I do alot of boating myself and I've seen it a couple times where someones boat is just so damn big that it starts pulling the tow vehicle into the lake.... but who the hell uses a vette to to anything?

I was going to say that......lol

WTF are you talking about? Flood insurance would cover your car if it was parked in your driveway, with you not driving, and a flood hit. Regular insurance covers it for everything else. For example, a few years back we were in San Luis Obisbo 4 wheeling in the sand dunes. On the way back, you can drive along the beach. Well, my friend who is driving gets the bright idea of driving through the water crashing onto the beach. (OK, so I told him to do it. :unsure: ) To make a long story short, we got hit sideways by a 3 foot wave. His exploder was totaled and the insurance gave him money. Not flood insurance. K? thanx. :D

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 23 2003, 07:29 PM
His policy will cover him as long as he has Comprehensive which covers "acts of god"

Lakes are not an act of god

Acts of god are sudden rain storms, floods water damage caused by melting snowe, avalanches....

not someone stupid enouigh to back a car into a lake...

CLAIM DENIED!!!!!

:shrug2: I dunno. Someone wanna find his email address and ask him?

....and then laugh at him for everyone else?

kthx is © by me. :)

kthx

Flood insurance is for your home and auto when there is a Flood. Driving down a boat ramp with your new corvette towing a jet ski is not considered a flood, it is considered an act of god.

Originally posted by quicksi+Sep 23 2003, 02:33 PM-->
@Sep 23 2003, 07:29 PM
His policy will cover him as long as he has Comprehensive which covers "acts of god"

Lakes are not an act of god

Acts of god are sudden rain storms, floods water damage caused by melting snowe, avalanches....

not someone stupid enouigh to back a car into a lake...

CLAIM DENIED!!!!!

nope, his claim will be paid out, as he was using his vehicle for recreational activities and the vehicle lost control by the current of the water.

I know it will be paid out, I just don't agree with it and was trying to be funny. The guy was a moron and shouldn't follow under the "acts of god" statue that insurance companies follow. If a tree fell on his car. Thats an act of god. If the fuel line mysteriously ruptured, that is an act of god. If lightning strikes it....that is an act of god. If you tow a jet ski with a corvette and back it into the water far enough that ocean currents drag your car away..that does not fall under that statue....we deal with acts of god and insurance for every shipment we do here.....there is direct fault associated with that car going under......He should be charged a heavy premium.....

And I do agree, unfortunately since it will more than likely be paid out under comp he will not be surcharged, he'll get ACV for his car...actual cash value (blue book) minus his deductible. And the insurance company will take a hit. I deal with this crap day in and day out. You would be amazed at what ins companies pay out by negligience on behalf of the policyholder.

More than half of all accidents are caused by negligence anyway! I can't believe you guys thought his insurance wouldn't cover it. If I drive my car at 100 mph off a fucking ramp and catapult into the neighbors pool, guess what? State farm shells out the money. Accidents are just that. He was dumb, but hey, who isn't nowadays?

Back