Cost of living. Where do you stay and how much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Orlando Fl,
Osprey Links At Hunter's Creek
7137pic4.jpg

fp1_7137-2.gif

i pay $742 with a garage and $200 for all utilities including cable....then divide by 1/2 and thats my share....my wife pays the other half......if i get this raise well be moving accross the way
Towne Place At Hunter's Creek
14130pic6.jpg

fp2_14130-1.gif

1k plus util

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 18 2005, 12:57 AM
I agree LA is I think the #1 place in the country that sucks cost of living wise.
[post=500786]Quoted post[/post]​

I think diego is just as bad, this august im getting a place w/ 2 friends (3 bed, 2 bath) for 1840 a month. My parents house (5 bed, 3 bath) cost em 266k 10 years ago and is well over 800k now. my friends parents got him a 1 bedroom condo that ran 255k over the summer, all thats there is a pool and coin-op laundry facility and 1 parkin space.

I rent a 2 bedroom, 1 car garage with full basement for $535 a month Plus utilities. Lights - $60, Basic Cable & Internet - $60, Gas - $20, Water/Sewer - $20, Landline Phone - $50. $745 a month.

Brian

i rent a roughly 500 sq foot apt from my brother for 400 a month
electric runs about 50 a month
basic cable = 12
heat and water included

me and 2 friends rent a pole barn from his grandfather for 150 a month, 24 by 40... plus i get to keep all my cars/toys there... electric included...

houses are stupid expensive by me... inflation goes up, feds raise interest rates to fight inflation, housing market bubble bursts...
or just spread rumors that they are putting in a nuclear waste storage facility and watch the prices drop like the titanic :)

upstate, ulster county NY

I pay $1260 a month for a 800 sq. ft 1 bed 1 bath apartment in Santa Clara (Silicon Valley).
Think thats bad?
I want to just get into a condo, ones near my apt. are not even built yet and selling for $600,000!!!
Average home prices are around 800k - 1Mil in this area. :( You might think i make good money, but out here its fucking peanuts.

own 1bd 1ba condo in a nice area... mortgage is about 700 a month.

however, we bought for a damn good price... and we'll be getting a 2bd 2ba soon, and leasing this one out... so we can make more money on the side.

Originally posted by spectacle@May 18 2005, 10:13 AM
1bed room 1 bath 821sq feet apartment

$831 a month
[post=500854]Quoted post[/post]​

Why $831 ? Is that 1 dollar that important ?

I pay $800 for 1200 sq/ft, Garage huge yard and japanese garden. Shed, driveway on a dead-end road, with a cat.

But for my area. that's fucking insanely cheap. I make $600 a week, as does my girlfriend. Beyond that our internet, phone (Which I don't use... seriously) and satellite TV runs $100 a month. Electric is about $50, and Oil (The killer) is $500 about every 3 months. Summer should cool that down though.

In today's modern world, that's why it's nice to have a spouse. More than Love anymore, having a partner to really share the expenses is how you make it anymore. IF I didn't work on cars, lived alone in a nice apartment, and paid all the bills I don't know how I could survive.

-> Steve

You can do it, just resolve yourself to making good financial decisions, don't pay retail FOR ANYTHING and keep an eye on the future for your needs. Budget this month for an oil bill 2 months from now, and you'll be in good shape - You can even put money aside if you get real about expenses (Stop going to bars and paying INSANE prices for fun) and NEVER EVER think in a "Get rich, quick" way, you'll be good to go for life.

Money doesn't come easy, People who offer you a way to make easy money are lying to you, and are only out to get yours.

Originally posted by Celerity+May 18 2005, 10:53 PM-->
spectacle
@May 18 2005, 10:13 AM
1bed room 1 bath 821sq feet apartment

$831 a month
[post=500854]Quoted post[/post]​

Why $831 ? Is that 1 dollar that important ?
[post=501138]Quoted post[/post]​

Might just be something to do with how much it costs the renter to own and operate the place.

certain amount per square foot in that specific location.

my rent is 335, why that extra 35?

rent. Burlington Vermont. two bedroom, 4 room 1000 sq/ft apt. 925 total a month with only water included. Cheap up here, most places are about 500 per person no matter where you go...

Back